+ VDS/VPS servers from NFOservers
An unmanaged virtual server is similar to a dedicated server in that you are given full control
of a machine on our network. However, a virtual server does not run on the bare hardware
-- instead, a special operating system loader called a "Hypervisor" is run when the real machine boots, and it loads and runs multiple simulated machines (virtual servers). Each virtual server has in its own dedicated memory and hard drive space, and comes with a number of virtual CPU cores.
We use the latest HVM Xen virtualization technology, which offers high performance because most code is run unmodified and directly on the CPU. As a result, our virtual servers work well in just about any circumstance one might normally choose a full dedicated server, including for:
- Game servers
- Voice servers
- Mail server hosting
- File serving and backups
- Remote workstations
.. all at a price point much lower than a dedicated server with equivalent performance.
The fact that these are virtual machines also allows us to offer additional features over our dedicated server products:
- Full, direct access to the virtual machine, as though you were sitting at it. This means that you can watch your OS load and easily troubleshoot any problems that may crop up (even by booting from a virtual CD).
- The ability to reinstall your OS on the fly, or even install any OS of your choice. We have ready-to-go configurations for major Windows Server Standard Edition releases, Gentoo, CentOS, Debian, and Ubuntu.
- Immediate, free, automatic setup and a free two-day trial period. Unlike dedicated servers, we can fully automate the installation process.
- Easy upgrades. Want to upgrade to a higher package, add more memory, or even change the server location? It's a snap through the order page.
- Powerful firewall filters available directly through our control panel. Block an attacking IP or filter simple (D)DoS attacks with a few simple steps. Or, set up a permanent firewall to make sure that only authorized visitors can reach certain services.
All our virtual servers also come with, at no extra cost:
- Ultrafast INAP or better bandwidth
- Extreme levels of reliability, backed up by a full 100% SLA that even covers customer service speed
- Graphs so that you know exactly how much bandwidth you are using
- Advanced, automatic, unlimited DDoS mitigation
- Only RAID-based disk configurations, to guard against hard drive failure
- Only local storage, to maximize disk performance
- Our usual outstanding support -- hardware support through email and our control panel, and software support through our forums
For those who run game servers, we offer an additional option with our VDS packages: managed game server VDS
packages. With a managed game server VDS, we maintain the base OS and game server software, you can't log into the machine directly, and you can't run anything but game servers. But, you can create as many game servers as you'd like, and they'll all use our control panel here. This configuration works great for getting increased value when there is a need to run several game servers with the ease of use of our regular system. We talk more about managed game servers in our knowledgebase.
Try a virtual machine from us now, right here
. With our free trial, you have nothing to lose!
We have even more information on our VPS/VDS offerings in our knowledgebase
, and we'd be happy to answer any questions
you may have about this service.