Nuclear Dawn (ND)

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
Mycologist
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Nuclear Dawn (ND)

Post by Mycologist »

Being a Source Engine game installed with the HLDS tool, wouldn't adding support be easy? :wink:
HarryNutz
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by HarryNutz »

Had a few members asking about this, but man... doesn't look very popular with only 7 populated servers for a game thats 3 months old
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

Mycologist wrote:Being a Source Engine game installed with the HLDS tool, wouldn't adding support be easy? :wink:
If there are no problems, quirks, or bugs with the game, maybe. There would still need to be a lot of testing involved to see what the game requires, how it runs, what to price it at, etc.
TimeX
FlyingMongoose
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FlyingMongoose »

Just hire me onto staff I'd be happy to run these tests and maintain the "obscure" games! Seriously I like playing with game servers >.< (I'm sure you all know that by now) lol.
FlyingMongoose
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FlyingMongoose »

Awww come on? Not even a chuckle? :-p
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

I was just going to say it was because you were an obscure kind of guy, but figured that may be taken the wrong way. :P
TimeX
FlyingMongoose
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FlyingMongoose »

Well, I would take offense if you didn't hit the nail right on the head there >.< but you guys do have my resume I have submitted it in the past :-p assuming you save that kind of stuff.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

FlyingMongoose wrote:Well, I would take offense if you didn't hit the nail right on the head there >.< but you guys do have my resume I have submitted it in the past :-p assuming you save that kind of stuff.

John still has his lunch money from the 2nd grade....we save it :)
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
FlyingMongoose
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FlyingMongoose »

kraze wrote:John still has his lunch money from the 2nd grade....we save it :)
The exact money? Same serial numbers and everything!?

By the way, I know you guys love your PHPBB and all, but I notice you limit it a lot, which makes sense overall. Just thought I'd point out an alternative that I've found mainly with the benefit of; "Why limit if it's not there anyway? You can always add stuff later". (I know this is going OT and I will not continue on on this convo unless it's brought up).

http://fluxbb.org/ <-- Only "Additions" I've made were a plugin management system made for it, which with default functions that remove even more, and two anti-bot systems for registration a reCaptcha and a "Bot Question"

Only reason I bring it up is because of the overall limitations you place on PHPBB which obviously that code is still there, but why even have it at all if it's not going to get used?

Just thought I'd mention. :-)
FlyingMongoose
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FlyingMongoose »

So... back on topic.... any progress on this? When the next patch rolls around I'll probably be running 2 or 3 (32 player) on my VDS and I'll do another test, obviously you guys will need to do some VDS calculations in terms of overhead I'm running Windows Server 2008 R2 on it and will be running SourceMod, I also have a couple HLXCE daemons set up. I'll also probably be doing SourceBans, so you'll get a good overall feel of the MySQL, Data Transfer, HLXCE, and all that fun crap on a VDS and I'll post the data for you.