Nuclear Dawn (ND)

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
FlyingMongoose
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Nuclear Dawn (ND)

Post by FlyingMongoose »

Okay, many people have heard about this mod (now turned retail product) ff and on for the past 6 years since it's inception. But now it's becoming ever closer to a physical release date and a pre-order beta will be available on the 25th of this month (August), with server pre-loading capable a couple days early.

My questions is basic and I'm sure any NFO staff can answer, but has a couple parts.
  1. Will NFO support this game? (I don't see why not, it's on steam and NFO supports most games on steam)
  2. Will NFO support this game as of the pre-order beta?
  3. Assuming reseller support also exists during pre-order beta, what would the code for the order form be?
  4. Would the price be different from any other source engine titles (this is modified L4D2 engine).
http://store.steampowered.com/app/17710/

Thanks guys, you're always quite helpful.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Nuclear Dawn (ND)

Post by Edge100x »

I haven't spoken to the developer and don't have early access to the code, but we can look at adding the game if and when its dedicated server files are released on Steam. Pricing would depend on its CPU and bandwidth usage, and its order code would depend on what they name the game's folder.
FlyingMongoose
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FlyingMongoose »

Hmm... Well I personally have worked with them in the past... And John I know you know them as well just not through InterWave Studios...but Steamfriends or GameConnect. But I'll try to convince someone to get a hold of you. I'd like to see this on NFO and reseller as soon as possible. You're always quite helpful. Thank you.
FlyingMongoose
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FlyingMongoose »

Well, I haven't gotten a specific and straight answer as of yet, but it's looking more and more like hldsupdatetool will be supported as of the game's beta launch, and will probably be released beforehand. I'll reply in this thread when that happens.
FlyingMongoose
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FlyingMongoose »

Confirmation, nuclear dawn's beta launch will have support over hldsupdatetool. The game's "mod-dir" will be nucleardawn, here is the wiki for servers:

http://wiki.nucleardawnthegame.com/inde ... ted_Server
http://wiki.nucleardawnthegame.com/inde ... rver_Linux

Access to server files has not been released yet, but it should be somewhere in the next 48 hours. There is currently a reference to nucleardawn when attempting to run hldsupdatetool with that as the -game param, it just says "no access" (more or less) right now.
FlyingMongoose
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FlyingMongoose »

oh and it looks like the server executable is named ndsrv.exe not srcds, but same launch params as srcds.
FlyingMongoose
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FlyingMongoose »

It looks like server files are released, the following is included
Maps:
downtown
metro

Known issues:
Current maplist and mapcycle files do not reflect both included maps.

server.cfg is included and references dedicated.cfg (verify_all will overwrite server.cfg so creating a dedicated.cfg is a good idea), autoexec.cfg is also included, but references some useless bind stuff more suited to the client.

Also currently it gives "no steam dll" issue, so it looks like steam may need to be installed on the server(s) unfortunately, until this is resolved.

Game name on hldsupdatetool is nucleardawn
FlyingMongoose
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FlyingMongoose »

Alright, it does look like there is a small fix to the needing steam issue, next server update will resolve it anyway I'll reply with link to temporary fix.
Pro
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Pro »

It would be awesome if NFo could provide support for this game.
FlyingMongoose
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FlyingMongoose »

I'm sure they are testing, also need to make note that the game is currently in beta, so resource testing and whatnot needs to occur before nfo can properly establish pricing for this title.

Note: the windows steam client issue has been fixed, so that's been done.

I don't know if the linux one is fixed but apparently replacing all files in the nucleardawn root (not mod) /bin/ that are *steam*.so with the same ones from the css beta fixes the issue.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

This is something that I'll be investigating, but I'm juggling a number of other things at the same time (Red Orchestra 2 testing and beta servers, and lots of hardware rollouts, among them), so it's taking some time to get to it =\.
FlyingMongoose
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FlyingMongoose »

They say the linux "steam client" issue is fixed but I personally have still had problems with it, but it might just be me.

Anyway, it looks like there will be a patch/update rolling out for the game sometime this week as well including 1 more map.

And John I'd help out if I could, I know you guys are busy, with finally being allowed to host ranked BF servers + RO2, good luck on those! Don't burn yourself out!
FlyingMongoose
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FlyingMongoose »

It looks like the Linux servers are working and a lot is more stable as are Windows, but there are still crashes on them. The next planned update is late this week and should resolve a lot of stability issues. Just wondering if/when this is going to be put up.
FlyingMongoose
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FlyingMongoose »

Confirmation server and client are VERY stable now, I've had my client sitting in my server for the past 72 hours with NO crashes on either (and using sourcemod base and no extra plugins.) And it's working great :-) and the game is SO much fun now.
FlyingMongoose
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FlyingMongoose »

And just to confirm again currently full at 32 players

803 MB of RAM usage on 1GB VPS
10%-60% CPU usage on 1 core
0.35% network usage

I'm thinking roughly around $1.75, possibly $1.99/slot for Nuclear Dawn would be fair. If Private server, 8v8 minimum (16 slot)