BF3 Servers success stories!

Individual
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: BF3 Servers success stories!

Post by Individual »

Kinda curious, you guys getting any rubberbanding?
zaNe
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by zaNe »

On Tehran Highway, we get massive rubberbanding. I just took it out of the rotation because of it. Once the dedicated servers get patched (hopefully soon) this will be fixed.

Everyone seems to hate Tehran Highway already primarily because of the rubberbanding. It happens sometimes slightly on other maps, but its ALWAYS on this map with lots of players.
dapriest
A regular
A regular

Post by dapriest »

I do believe something happened last night, and now most servers are empty except for our LA Rush Hardcore server which has been full since it was setup.

We're running a 64 man Conquest, 32 man rush, 24 man TDM, and a 16 man flying only server with fast re-spawn times.

Box has been at 40% with all servers full, and its chugging along fine!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

What happened last night is that people went to bed :). Player usage trends up during the day and then down at night.
GitSum
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by GitSum »

We have a 64 'by the slot' server that was full before the game even officially released in North America

However, we ran into some series rubber banding the first night. Server crashed when it was completely full and we took the opportunity to drop it down to 48 players - which solved the rubber banding. CPU usage was showing 35% for the machine we are on, so we requested a move. (I am really surprised they let it get that high)

So basically our server has been full non stop - But it just crashed again for unk reasons and now it is empty :(
usage.jpg
(86.86 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

GitSum, 40% is usually just fine, but we still load-balance servers from machines that hit it. When servers are full, it's too late for automatic load-balancing, so it has to be done the next morning.
GitSum
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by GitSum »

John - that makes perfect sense and I was unaware of your policy. Thanks for the info

I would like to point out that when we did contacted support, they immediately offered to move our server to a different system, but since it was full we didn't want to risk loosing our player base so we waiting until it crashed again :)
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I'd say you made the right choice :).

Overall, our network is actually pretty underutilized right now, despite the many thousands of BF3 players on it, so there should be many machines with low usage to choose from at most locations. I rolled too much hardware, I guess -- but better too much than too little!
Dr.Tek
A regular
A regular

Post by Dr.Tek »

There is no such thing as 'too much' hardware :wink:
Barnes
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Barnes »

First post.. :D

Brief History- I used to run our clans servers back in the day from The Planet, when they offered game servers. (BF42, BF Vietnam, BF2)
Our clan got into several other games over the years, but we were all very excited about BF3.

So- I did some reading and research online, and from what I could gather, NFO had a lot of high praise. I did some lurking here on the forums, and was very impressed with the community, and more so by the responsiveness of the staff.

Anyway - ordered a 32 Slot BF3 Server on Monday morning while I was at work ( Chicago location)
Server was setup by the time I got home from work.

The server started getting filled up yesterday and ran smooth as silk. Everyone in the clan was very impressed, and gave me alot of thanks for picking a great server, which I am now passing along to NFO.

Most of the folks in the Midwest showed a ping in Battlelog of mid 20s -low 30s. A few of our group in NYC had pings in the mid 30s.

The only issue for me... I just do not know if I had the settings in the server manager correct. I had Kill Cam unchecked, but it kept showing kill cam in game. And I could not get the map rotation set right. Probably user error on my part. I will continue to mess with it.

Thanks again for providing us a great gaming experience! It was a blast to have everyone back online last night, as we have not done that in a while.

Best Regards,
Barnes
ironrangers.net