Im a real n00b and need help making plugins work pls help!!

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
r4ngrj0hn
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Im a real n00b and need help making plugins work pls help!!

Post by r4ngrj0hn »

Hi i just rented a nuclearfallout server about 15 days ago and i had m friend add all the mods plugins motd banners and the admins.Wel hes gone and for some reason my server went down for a few minutes and when it came back up it had no plugins ext. Now I need to learn how to make them work in my server this is what i do....I open control panel then ope up my ftp i dl the mods i like to a folder on desktop then i unzip the files in there to my addons/amx/plugins. Then it says add a file of addons/amx/plugins.ini ext. here an example - Open addons/amx/plugins/plugins.ini
- Add a line containing : roll_the_dice.amx-----so then i open the roll_the_dice file thing and oit pops up and says save open close all that i click save i click it to another foldr i made then i open that folder (the.amx file not .sma) and i add a line saying "roll_the_dice.amx". then after line is made i put it my ftp addons/amx/plugins and it asks me too overite the files and i click yes to all---Can someone PLEASE tell me what im doing wrong or what my next step is please help or AIM me thanks
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Ok, I had some trouble following what you were saying there, so I'll just briefly go over the steps.

1. Download the plugin, making sure it is compatible with our version of AMX, 0.9.6j.
2. Upload the .amx file to your addons/amx/plugins directory on the server.
3. Edit addons/amx/plugins/plugins.ini to add a line for the plugin.

If you need to compile the plugin from .sma to .amx, more steps are involved. This post goes into that a bit http://rentalforums.nuclearfallout.net/ ... mx+compile