Fortress Forever #FF.Pickup server

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
aleXtric
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Fortress Forever #FF.Pickup server

Post by aleXtric »

Can you update 64.74.97.107:27015 from 2.44 to 2.45 with this patch. http://www.ffpickup.com/files/2.45/FF_2 ... _Patch.zip

It's 7MB and should take about 3 minutes. We've received plenty of replies about how John was going to fix it. He hasn't. We would do it ourselves if we had the access...

We're waiting John.

http://www.ffpickup.com/

Contact us here.
http://www.ffpickup.com/?p=irc

aleXtric
TheKingBaby
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Fortress Forever #FF.Pickup server

Post by TheKingBaby »

Yes we are waiting baby and up until now oh so patiently! I'm about to have a heart attack from all the anxiety and stress that has been built up inside me AKA TheKing from this whole ordeal. I'm about to go through serious withdrawals over here baby!

Is this thing setup in somebody's mom's basement orrrrrrrrrr?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

We'll roll out the update as soon as we can. It's not entirely normal to release a Weekend update let alone a Sunday update, FF updates also need to be triggered manually so they can take a little bit longer.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
aleXtric
New to forums
New to forums

Post by aleXtric »

7mb it's been 5 hours, does it take 1mb an hour?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

I think we should consider that it is Sunday, also known as the weekend. Most people tend to relax on the weekends and try to wind down before the Monday rush. A few hours for a surprise update isn't entirely unreasonable.

Also keep in mind that our system doesn't involve connecting to the machine and using Google Chrome to download the patch to apply to servers, There is a little more involved. I see that you have a request opened that is assigned to John at the moment. He currently has it locked and is working to get you going. :D
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

To be clear, this is not something that everyone has unlimited access to, which is why it was assigned to John. He will be getting to this update as soon as possible. Please do not ask about this further until you hear from John, as the multiple requests, and now forum posts simply cause us to repeat ourselves and needlessly takes up more of our time.
TimeX
aleXtric
New to forums
New to forums

Post by aleXtric »

Why would John say "All set" as if we were good to go. We want to unwind and relax on our weekend off by playing on our server we pay for. Maybe you need a new CEO, one that knows what he's doing and doesn't say "All set" prematurely.
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

That is a good question, and I imagine he will have a good answer for you when he has a chance away from more important tasks. That all comes back to having to wait for his response, though. Please, give it some time.
TimeX
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Fortress Forever is not a game that's available through the HLDS Update Tool or SteamCMD, which means that its updates must be performed manually, by me. The developers made a poor choice in releasing on a Sunday this time, but thankfully, this game does not release updates frequently (the last one was over a year ago), and I can apply updates quickly, even on weekends (I work every day of the week, generally for at least 10 hours a day, and also respond to alarms 24 hours a day, so critical situations are resolved in a matter of hours at most).

The size of the update does not significantly factor into how long a manual update takes to roll out to all our machines and systems. The most important factors are how much work it entails and how many other emergencies I am handling concurrently.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

@alextric

You are a fucking asshole! The staff may not be able to say so, but I sure as hell will! The fact you play a game, that is not that popular, AND ancient by any standards, AND the developer noobs release an update on a WEEKEND???!?! Are you EFFing kidding me?!

GTFO!

John is one of THE most knowledgeable I have seen in my 20+ years of playing online and hosting game servers. The staff here are EXTREMELY responsive and helpful. Other GSP's pale in comparison. If you want your old ass game updated more quickly, then rent a un-managed VDS, install it yourself, and update your server annually yourself! I am fuming and I have nothing to do with this. You and your panty waste bud, king whatever, can go join in your own little private circle jerk, and wait till more pressing matters are attended to.

IMHO a FF server would be quite low on my priority list as well. I mean does anyone actually still even play that game?! What next? Need to have your Chaser server updated too?! FFS grow up!
aleXtric
New to forums
New to forums

Post by aleXtric »

TacTicToe wrote:@alextric

You are a fucking asshole! The staff may not be able to say so, but I sure as hell will! The fact you play a game, that is not that popular, AND ancient by any standards, AND the developer noobs release an update on a WEEKEND???!?! Are you EFFing kidding me?!

GTFO!

John is one of THE most knowledgeable I have seen in my 20+ years of playing online and hosting game servers. The staff here are EXTREMELY responsive and helpful. Other GSP's pale in comparison. If you want your old ass game updated more quickly, then rent a un-managed VDS, install it yourself, and update your server annually yourself! I am fuming and I have nothing to do with this. You and your panty waste bud, king whatever, can go join in your own little private circle jerk, and wait till more pressing matters are attended to.

IMHO a FF server would be quite low on my priority list as well. I mean does anyone actually still even play that game?! What next? Need to have your Chaser server updated too?! FFS grow up!
cool website bro, the sounds are so RAD!!! your 100 servers over 49 games are impressive! they have a total of zero players on them. great work dude! come back at me when you have proof of 12,000+ 30 minute competitive matches played on a server of yours in 4 years. then we can talk about popularity and the other nonsense you spewed. online gaming and hosting servers for 20+ years? what are you 40 years old? get an "EFFING" life.
FauxhawK
New to forums
New to forums

Post by FauxhawK »

Hey TicTacCamelToe can I join TheKillingCrew?! I think you have the coolest website and all seem like REAL professional people!

Do you have an FF division, you know, a game that doesn't suck like doom, dukenukem and wolfenstein, which are older than my grandparents?

Also, what is that SWEEEEET music on your page, I want to get it.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

FF servers were updated shortly after this topic was posted, I am going to go ahead and lock this topic since it is now resolved.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!