BF3 PunkBuster

RexKramer
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

BF3 PunkBuster

Post by RexKramer »

Ok Im new to admining PB, Ive looked around the forums and scanned the PB.pdf (which is old) Im trying to figure a few things out.

1. In the pb/sv_viol.lg is where I assume I will find violators. However mine has (UPDATE TIMEOUT),(COMFAIL),(AUTO-UPDATE FAILURE) as the only violations, and theres quite a few for the short time my server has been up, mostly the same few players but it just keeps loggging it. not kiccking them.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN HERE THAT I SHOULD WORRY ABOUT?

2. Will NFO gunzip these up and store them or do I have to wipe them off the server?

3. My pb/svlogs/xxxx.log is fill up with:
"Kicking for new violations has been temporarily disabled per PB Master Servers - use the pb_sv_enablekicks command to manually re-enable kicks" what is this? and can I stop it?

4. Finally is they above what people are calling "screenshots? if so, what am I looking for that will ID attempted hacking?

THANKS

rex
-----
Ironman44
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: BF3 PunkBuster

Post by Ironman44 »

1. Nothing to worry about. these violations are do to either with the client not having the latest PB files or packet loss.

2. Ill let NFO answer that

3.There was a issue with R7 not updating clients pb files, So PB turned off kicking clients that are running the previous version of Pb files.

4. The above has nothing to do with screenshots. Screenshots can be taken 2 ways. By manually executing the pb command pb_sv_getss "player name'
Or by setting the server to take auto screenshots via the pb_sv_config

This is one example of a cheater caught via screenshot

TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

On number 2, we don't pack those up, so you would just need to wipe them off the server if you wish.
TimeX
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

PB isn't kicking for violations other than the normal ones.

PunkBuster Server: Kicking for new violations has been temporarily disabled per PB Master Servers - use the pb_sv_enablekicks command to manually re-enable kicks.

PB has issues still, so they have disabled many of the kicks.
Many people haven't updated their pb, so if pb kick was on for that, it would empty some servers.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/