weapon editing

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
shaddy
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

weapon editing

Post by shaddy »

is there a file i can edit to change the damage of certain weapons?
Endless
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Endless »

That would be considered cheating because you have an advantage over other players. Please do not cheat.
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

If its a HL server then no, its coded into the mod itself. As for other games more than likely not except for battlefield1942 servers, but in either case you would be modding the game.
TimeX
shaddy
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by shaddy »

oh, i wasnt talking about just modding mine.....i was talking about the server. cuz when i used to play soldier of fortune 2, some servers had a 'real damage' mod. which was basically them, editing the weapon damage so that certain guns would do one shot kills and such. but thanks anywayz!

oh, is there a way i can restrict how many of each type of gun are in play?
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

Well if its CS I can say yes for sure. I've seen CS servers that limit how many AWM for example and in those cases it seems to be an addon. I don't know which addon they were using though. :? Check around and see whats out there, unless someone in here knows what there is.
TimeX
bOoya
Former staff
Former staff

Post by bOoya »

Im not saying there are no others, but the only thing i know of that will edit hitpoints is AXNmod. I cant remember exactly what it does but I know that you can raise the hitpoints from 100 to 255.
Its avaliable on our file mirror at http://files.nfoe.net if you want to check it out. If memory serves, it comes with a very nice readme that explains everything.
shaddy
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by shaddy »

its for a source server.....
bOoya
Former staff
Former staff

Post by bOoya »

oppsy, didnt know that :lol:
shaddy
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by shaddy »

so theres no way fro me to do either of these?
bOoya
Former staff
Former staff

Post by bOoya »

there's really no amx-type plugins out for source yet, there are a few over at sourcemod.net that have that show some promise, some of which even restrict weapons; but asking them to restrict only a certain number of weapons isn't (afaik) a possibility at this time. The weapon-damage thing seems like it would be a different kind of adjustment though. I will check out the files in SRCDS and let you know if it's a possibilty. Note (while I'm downloading the srcds files) usually things like that would be hard programmed into the game, kinda like recoil is; because of this, Im starting to doubt that editing them is possible, but i'll still check it out.
bOoya
Former staff
Former staff

Post by bOoya »

i was just checking some HL2 [sites] while downloading (still) and found this one: http://www.hl2coders.com/index.php . Seems like if you can edit the damage, you will be able to find the answer there.
Last edited by bOoya on Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
shaddy
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by shaddy »

aight, thanks alot man, ill check that out. i really appreciate it!