I get kicked for talking

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
selfce
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

I get kicked for talking

Post by selfce »

Can anyone tell me why I get kicked every time try to talk on a NFO server. i get "You have been disconnected from the server. Reason: Bad parse in client srever." I see in other responses that reinstalling CS is SUPPOSED to help. I am getting kicked in CS and CZ and I have reinstalled. This didnt help. I also saw in other forums that I could delete the config.cfg file. That didnt work either. Also I tried talking on non-NFO servers but I have no problems there. I like playing on NFO servers bc they have good ping in Seattle where I am. HELP!!!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Definitely sounds like a problem on your end but it may have something to do with the recent update. Which servers have you had issues with? When did it start?
selfce
New to forums
New to forums

Post by selfce »

It happens on the Up In Smoke, The Configuration and eq|Condition Zero Server, and on the server I used to have from you, West Koast Alliance CS server. It only happens on NFO servers though.
selfce
New to forums
New to forums

Post by selfce »

Also it started about 1-1 1/2 years ago. I know its been a long time but I played other servers. Now I want to play on Up In Smoke. I like your servers.
selfce
New to forums
New to forums

Post by selfce »

I got it figured out be reading the steam forums!! It seems there are lots of people having this problem. I was using a Linksys router with an older firmware installed. Once I bypass the router the problem goes away. Also they suggest using a different brand of router or getting the newest firmware available for the Linksys.