Need For NFO!

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
Smoke
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Need For NFO!

Post by Smoke »

Nfo!

On May 3 2004 Steam did a update on the de_vertigo map. Upon changing to this map the server crashes stating the server needs a de_vertigo wad. Would it be possible to get this wad installed on all servers please. I want to see this new vertigo map as will all your rentals possibly. If not please install it on smoke.nuclearfallout.net please. If unable too can you point me in the right direction so that i may install it myself?

Thanks
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Here's what we said in email on the day that update was released:
In other news, if you have a CS server you may have noticed that the new version of Counter-strike does not include a working de_vertigo. This is because Valve forgot to include the de_vertigo.wad file. Until they release a new version with the file (or we can obtain it by other means), loading de_vertigo will crash CS servers.
Valve actually just released an update tonight. Since it's not a required update we will be following our standard procedure and applying it on the morning following the patch so as not to disrupt everyone's game.

(I was actually the first one to tell them about the problem, if you were curious).
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Supposedly this new update also fixes the problem with HLTVs and sv_downloadurl, which is a good thing.