Running a game on VDS

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
dedi
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Running a game on VDS

Post by dedi »

Hi there,
At the beginning I want to say it's 1st time I use VDS. I bought it to set bot which plays game (Tibia). I cannot bot at home, because everytime I login to game I get ping by enemy.

And here comes my problem. Tibia isn't advanced game. Even old computer can handle it. But when I try to login and play, the game is unplayable due to really low fps - around 5 or less.

Actually it uses DirectX5, but best is DirectX9 engine. Is there any way to fix it?
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Running a game on VDS

Post by soja »

VDS's do not have powerful GPUs. If you could disable the graphics rendering all together that would be your best option. It is not practical to run a 3d game on a VDS, and I am surprised it ran at all for you.
Not a NFO employee
dedi
New to forums
New to forums

Post by dedi »

Well, tibia isn't 3D Game. Just type "Tibia" on youtube and you will see.
How can I disable graphic rendering ? Would be nice if you could explain.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

By disabling graphics rendering I mean it won't render the visuals of the game, I am not sure if this is even possible. Like I said the graphics on a VDS is very weak, I doubt there is much you can do to get the game running any better than it currently is.
Not a NFO employee
dedi
New to forums
New to forums

Post by dedi »

Ok, thanks for your help
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

What is your CPU usage like? Maybe you could get better FPS if the game is using up all of your cpu.
Not a NFO employee
Deloraisen
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Deloraisen »

dedi wrote:Hi there,
At the beginning I want to say it's 1st time I use VDS. I bought it to set bot which plays game (Tibia). I cannot bot at home, because everytime I login to game I get ping by enemy.

And here comes my problem. Tibia isn't advanced game. Even old computer can handle it. But when I try to login and play, the game is unplayable due to really low fps - around 5 or less.

Actually it uses DirectX5, but best is DirectX9 engine. Is there any way to fix it?
So you are asking for help in cheating at a game? Hilarious^^
sewi
New to forums
New to forums

Post by sewi »

dedi wrote:I cannot bot at home, because everytime I login to game I get ping by enemy.
You mean, you are receiving a network attack because you bot, and so you bring it to a shared environment, where an outage affects other people? :roll: