Screenshot link

VAPOR
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Screenshot link

Post by VAPOR »

Why does only 1 person run this company?

Why not take the load off your shoulders and let others help out to make things happen alot quicker around here?

*Forums
*Hosting
*Game servers
Please add "Americas Army Proving Grounds" to the servers offered listing!
http://d3g.in
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

pain: If your tools use FTP, then great, you'll love the FTP solution. This also means that they'd work with the existing webserver solution, since it has FTP, too.

GitSum:

* GameTracker is a terrible way of testing anything. All of the GS servers are automatically put in it, AFAIK (since they're the same company), so you'll mostly see theirs.
* The size of a provider really does not mean relate very strongly to its quality. It speaks more to the value of the domain name and marketing, as well as global footprint.
* Of course, BF3 servers at all providers have crashing problems right now. If you're worried about crashes, switching providers is not going to help you.
* You still haven't told me what opening you're looking for.

dtoxghost: We have multiple employees. And important things do happen quickly around here. This screenshot question was just brought up a few days ago and we're almost at an implementation, which is a much faster turnaround than you'd see to implement a new feature just about anywhere else (hosts that already have FTP just continued it from BC2).
VAPOR
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by VAPOR »

I know you have multiple employees, it seems that every staff answer is: when jon (edge) gets time.

This isn't a slam on you edge...just thought more top level staff members would help out is all. Image
Please add "Americas Army Proving Grounds" to the servers offered listing!
http://d3g.in
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Buying webhosting as mentioned before doesn't work with anticheat applications. All the anticheat tools we have used require the access to the /pn/svss/ folder. Pbsscollector. AON's AA2 admin panel, AON's AA3 admin panel, PBcool, etc all need access to the screenshots folder.
Your missing the whole point of the websync, it is merely a system that syncs screen shots from the game server to the webserver so they can be viewed. After seeing you post for the past three days only thing I can get from it, is that viewing screen shots is not as easy as you want it to be. Which is very understandable. I wouldn't want to download 50 screen shots one by one, if it was something I do constantly but like John has said he is working on a fix, yet every reply it is the same question in different words.
I understand that it won't happen with a snap of the fingers, but I can't understand how this hasn't been an issue in the past. Unless you only sold servers for games in the past that don't use pb, and this is your first time with a game that does. Then I can understand better why this never came up im the past. PB has always required access to the SS folder in all the games they support..
Well it hasn't become an issue, because most games that use PB have full FTP access. So users have no problem downloading screen shots or using websync to sync them. Along with this BC2 screen shots barely worked. So it was something that fizzled it self out and slowly went dormant.
Actually, since our 64 slot server randomly crashes every couple of hours - I surveyed the top 15 servers listed in GameTracker to see which provider is being used by them. By doing a reverse IP - two GSP's are clearly are on top of things and sadly it is not NFO.

I really hate to break that bubble but those top servers on Gametracker really don't mean much. There are people here who report servers crashing and instantly fill backup again. So if that is the case here, which it sounds like it is then keeping your server ranked high really isn't hard. Also on the top 15 list I counted 4 servers that are out of country. I also did Ip traces on the first three and they all came back as Level 3, which is a data center and says has no information on which company they belong to. Lastly Gametrackers list is updated constantly and in 3 hours that whole list can change. Do you know why it changes so fast? Because servers crash,people get bored and there ranks fall. It has nothing to do with the company or Gametracker.

Also "=EVGA GAMING= Conquest | NFO-CHI" is an NFO server rank #9
I don't want an eta when I should "look back" and see that you have an available server. I would prefer a GSP that appreciates our business and would notify me when there is an opening...
I am failing to see how you think we don't? Just because we do not have a mailing list that says "hey in 2.5 days this location is back open!!" I can almost guarantee that with all the request we get for this, we would almost get double the amount of people who do not want to be emailed about this. In all complete honesty it is not hard at all to load up the order page and see if it says sold out. It usually isn't either. Lastly just about everyone has a Facebook or Twitter. Now personally I would find it easier to have updates built in to Twitter or Facebook. Sites which I check on a regular basis. I would consider that killing two birds with one stone. . Plus if you are a current customers sold out locations 99% of the time only apply to new customers.

@dtoxghost

This is something that is constantly happening. However John is bringing us up slowly and with training. Runner servers and understanding how to diagnose problems is very difficult and not an easy task. I could sit here and type another page on this, but it merely goes back to John knows what he is doing and how he wants it done. It would be 10 times faster to have him add it to his todo list, instead of spending three weeks on it, say training me how to bring the webserver back up when it crashes. It would take me forever to learn that,but John already knows how to do it and can have it back up within minutes. I hope you see what I am getting at. We handle support and everything we can, while John handles the backend stuff.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

I would like to add that John was able to push FTP access to the PB folder out the door today. All BF3 servers should have FTP access to the PB folder.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

What's the link?

Tried:

http:// 74.91.114.118/pb/
http:// 74.91.114.118/svss/
http:// 74.91.114.118/pb/svss/

None do anything.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Try going to the file manager tab in your CP and connecting to the FTP server.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Still useless. Providing ftp access like that is exactly the same as having it in the CP.

Doesn't provide a url to screenshots to make them public.
Am I to post the FTP info on my forum and invite the world to access the pb folder.

Not much news to boast about I am afraid.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Ok - I found out the steps I did to create access.

I can explain it and maybe you can see if it can be implemented or not.

On my unmanaged VDS, I did the following steps:

1) Turn on IIS because it wasn't enabled by default
2) Go to Start>Settings>Control Panel>Administrative Tools> Internet Information Service (IIS) Management
3) On the left side select "Web Sites"
4) On the right side, right click and select New>Website
5) Click on Next
6) Enter description
7) Select game server ip, and use default port 80
8) Click on Next
9) Select path to point to the /pb/svss/ folder and check anonymous access
10) Click Next
11) I believe only READ is required here.
12) Click Next to finish

I think that's everything.
I may have explained it wrong, but I hope this points you in the direction that I was referring.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Kraze I don't know what the hell your issue is.

It's fine and easy to say it's not hard to download a couple screenshots. That's if you knew which one out of 100 screenshots you needed.

You also don't seem to understand that webhosting doesn't do shit for anticheat tools that REQUIRE the working url. These tools use the url like a feed to capture the info required to scan screenshots.

Why pay $2.99 for something that is free when setup correctly. PB creates everything that is needed, but your setup restricts access to it all.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Pain, FTP access makes it easy to download all the screenshots at once and to view them through their auto-generated .html files. You should try it. I'm sure that there are PB tools that can connect to FTP, since it's the industry standard way to view screen shots.

As I said before, I appreciate your feedback, but I won't be installing IIS, Apache, or any other webserver software on our game server machines. This would introduce security and performance implications, and I believe that other hosts that are choosing to do it are making the wrong call. If you will only settle for HTTP access, you can either spend 2.99 USD each month on a single webhosting account for all of your servers and use our syncing system, or set up your own webserver somewhere.

dtoxghost, there aren't systemic problems involved here. I'm just busier than usual due to BF3, as I'm sure you can appreciate.

The FTP improvement has been made and the final word has been given on the PB question. The conversation is getting overly heated and is no longer productive. I'm locking this thread.