How to get my server in the mix?

Klikster
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: How to get my server in the mix?

Post by Klikster »

This cvar is the same as the start player count in the settings then I guess?

I'm running a server with increased respawn times and my start player count set to 2, haven't seen barely anyone! :(

What maps did you guys use on 32 and 64 man rush conquest to lure players in? :)
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

Klikster wrote:This cvar is the same as the start player count in the settings then I guess?

I'm running a server with increased respawn times and my start player count set to 2, haven't seen barely anyone! :(

What maps did you guys use on 32 and 64 man rush conquest to lure players in? :)
go to server control tab, enter "vars.roundStartPlayerCount 1" (without quotes) into the rcon command space.

I actually have 64 conquest on Subway and it's been popular. I don't play rush so can't speak to that for now.
enoch
New to forums
New to forums

Post by enoch »

I thought we were the only ones with issues filling the server; at least I know there are others as well.

The night BF3 came out, our server was full with 32/32 most of the night. Since then it's been empty.

We've got a 32 player stock Rush server, Normal mode, no other settings changed than default, and the most it's gotten up to today is 12/32 (more than half of which are my clan/friends). I'm hoping that EA/DICE can fix the Quickmatch feature.
enoch
New to forums
New to forums

Post by enoch »

Of course, an hour after I post this, we're up to 32 players and I'm happy :) . Seemed stuck at 12 players for a long time, but slowly filled up.
zaNe
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by zaNe »

Klikster wrote:This cvar is the same as the start player count in the settings then I guess?

With you setting the respawn time, might take you out of Quick Match rotation. I would advise resetting it to default for the time being if you want players to fill it up fairly easily. I took TimSad's suggestion and moved our server down from 64 player CQ to 32 player Rush, and it's been full all afternoon/evening. Going on about 11 hours strong now, basically full the whole time (refer to graph in my sig)
dapriest
A regular
A regular

Post by dapriest »

I have a server that was 32 man rush hardcore, and it crashed I think and then the R5 update was applied. And it didn't fill back up until I restarted it and bam, it filled back up.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

We have been finding the R% update has created far more lag, skipping and rubberbanding then R4 on a 32 slot. We never experienced any crashing with either, but my sons game crashes on every map change now since the server was updated.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Vanderburg »

Yeah, it appears that R5 created just as many problems as it fixed. We're sending logs back to DICE, so hopefully they can get R6 out here soon.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

Was the same with bfbc2. Lot's of little updates in the first several weeks and then they were less often.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
globel
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by globel »

it seems the quick match is not set to put people in 64 player games. I had mine set on default settings and had 25 people playing (all from my clan)... And it never filled after 3 hours of playing.... My rush server on the other hand stays full 24/7. When it crashes (it happens) it will refill within 30 seconds.... even game tracker doesn't see it crash.

I also tried setting it to hardcore... No luck..

Kinda waiting to make it a 24/7 wake island server.

Take a look... it was full for 24 hours...

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/ ... 232:25200/

kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

globel wrote:it seems the quick match is not set to put people in 64 player games. I had mine set on default settings and had 25 people playing (all from my clan)... And it never filled after 3 hours of playing.... My rush server on the other hand stays full 24/7. When it crashes (it happens) it will refill within 30 seconds.... even game tracker doesn't see it crash.

I also tried setting it to hardcore... No luck..

Kinda waiting to make it a 24/7 wake island server.

Take a look... it was full for 24 hours...

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/ ... 232:25200/

Quick match at the moment seems to be very picky on which servers it puts people in. We are still trying to understand how this works. Some servers are lucky while others are not. As for Gametracker. Gametracker does not query your server instantly like we do here. Gametracker will query your server every 5-10 minutes, which is why it does not see the crashes.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!