BF3 server not showing up in server browser

nbtc971
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

BF3 server not showing up in server browser

Post by nbtc971 »

So I setup our first server on our managed dedicated but it's not coming up on the list. Anyone else having this problem?
nbtc971
A regular
A regular

Re: BF3 server not showing up in server browser

Post by nbtc971 »

Never mind.. I just had to restart the server. Over at my old game server hosts when you changed the config on the server is auto restarted.. so that hosed me up. :)
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Our system is actually pretty smart and implements new settings through rcon without requiring a restart in most cases. Some commands do require a restart to take effect, but most have either immediate results or just require a map change.

BattleLog lags by a bit when showing new servers, so you may have just needed to wait briefly :)
deadandy
New to forums
New to forums

Post by deadandy »

Has anyone figured out whether changing certain settings causes your server to be listed as "custom" the way it used to occur on BC2? We have a 64-slot server and we changed the number of players required to start a round to 4. We played last night 5v5 basically all night without attracting any other players. Try to solve this mystery...
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

If you adjust the starting players to below 8, that will definitely remove you from "quick match". I don't know which other settings might, though.

If you do adjust the starting players, I recommend going back and changing it to 8 again after the server gets more than 8 in it.
deadandy
New to forums
New to forums

Post by deadandy »

I've done some experimenting with settings. I wiped the startup.txt file and we went back to being listed as "Normal" in the Preset field. When I enable vehicles, it goes back to Custom. I'm wondering if being listed as a "Custom" preset server is causing us to lose out on traffic.
deadandy
New to forums
New to forums

Post by deadandy »

Edit: Vehicles appear on Conquest Large whether you have vehicles checked or not. We left it unchecked and we are now listed as Normal... and there are still vehicles.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

vars.vehicleSpawnAllowed set to false should prevent new vehicles from spawning. Old ones will still exist.