Server crashing on gamestart

ebar87
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Server crashing on gamestart

Post by ebar87 »

Anyone having issues that when you get enough people to start the round, it does the 30 second countdown then boots everyone once it hits 0? Then you can't rejoin until the server is restarted because it says its changing maps?

I also get this when using commands such as !nextmap. I thought at first it might be the NFO coded daemon tools, but with those disabled it still occurs.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Oh yeah, and after being kicked battlelog says "You have been kicked by an administrator".
Individual
A regular
A regular

Re: Server crashing on gamestart

Post by Individual »

We're still having the same issue as well with Rush server. It doesn't happen on Conquest.
wyseguy79
A regular
A regular

Post by wyseguy79 »

Does your server require at least 8 people to start the round? Looking to find a way around that. I change the setting, but alas it still makes me wait for 8 people.
ebar87
New to forums
New to forums

Post by ebar87 »

I'm having the issue on ConquestLarge. Haven't tried rush.

It happened when it required 6 and now 4 people to start.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Have you been experimenting with the admin commands built into the game, reserved slots, punkbuster, or with 3rd party admin tools? If so, delete your Startup.txt file and restart the server to start fresh. Reserved slots and the admin commands in the game do not work right now, and punkbuster is a bit buggy.
Ironman44
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Ironman44 »

we are having the same issue. have had support tickets in for 12 hours now. Servers still crash when they go live
Ironman44
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Ironman44 »

Looks like deleting the startup.txt worked. It may well be a Procon issue. Hopefully we can admin the servers soon
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We don't have unanswered BF3-related support requests that aren't <30m old right now, so I take it that you're talking about a ticket with EA :).

You might try a manual repair of the game client in Origin, or wiping your Startup.txt and starting over with a default server configuration.

Changing the round start player count may relate to this, as I've had a few people complain about it after they adjust that setting.
Ironman44
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Ironman44 »

this is what i have found. Deleting startup fixes the problem.
I deleted the startup.txt from both servers and they ran fine.
I changed a few settings on our 32 man server and the problem came back on that server. We went through the settings 1 by 1 and could not find any 1 setting causing the problem. Interesting thing is this. I manually changed the the rush server to mirror the settings on the conquest, which is running, and the problem is still there. the only thing that fixed it was to delete the startup.text again and it fixed it. I seems to me there is a issue with changing any setting after the server installs the default files
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Did you restart the server each time when changing the settings one-by-one? Startup.txt is only executed when the server is started. After the server is started, settings have to be changed through rcon (which our script does).
Ironman44
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Ironman44 »

Yes did a restart .ticket 999714 if you want to follow up on it. It appears that making any server setting changes are corrupting something
Last edited by Ironman44 on Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

It can't be true that changing anything corrupts the server, or everyone would have this same problem :). Instead, most customers do not have it, and many thousands of players are on our servers right now.

It must be a single setting or group of settings.
ebar87
New to forums
New to forums

Post by ebar87 »

If he did indeed mirror the startup file from one of his servers to the next, and it still happens on the one server but not the other, is it possible the control panel isn't properly updating or editing the startup file?
Ironman44
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Ironman44 »

im lost as what to do then. Just play it stock and deal with it ?
Ok server A is running after deleting the startup.txt
Server B started kicking after i made changes. After messing with several settings it still was kicking. So I manually, when i say manually i mean by checking boxes not manually editing the startup.txt, set the settings on server B to reflect the settings on server A. Both servers are now showing the same settings yet Server A will run with the fresh startup.txt but Server B is Still kicking
ebar87
New to forums
New to forums

Post by ebar87 »

Go look at your startup.txt files on both servers, see if they are exact copies of each other.