Changed default passwords (MySQL, Stats, FTP), now site erro

Connect with other users about what to run on your webhosting (and how to run it) here.
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Changed default passwords (MySQL, Stats, FTP), now site erro

Post by Clay52 »

Before I changed passwords, I was logged in to the administrator control panel having a look around and it showed that the phpBB version was out of date, showing 3.08 and suggesting to update it, which I did to 3.09. That went well and then that is when I decided to change my passwords which of course went as it should've but then I went to login I was receiving errors. I figured I borked it due to the pw change so I decided to delete the old db and all files in the directory etc. under file manager. Now after recreating a db and reinstalling the phpBB, it comes up blank, I've now since done this several times but same result, blank. Boy I'm on a roll :P
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Changed default passwords (MySQL, Stats, FTP), now site

Post by Edge100x »

Are you using our autoinstaller? Did it show you an error?
GitSum
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by GitSum »

Clay52 wrote: Now after recreating a db and reinstalling the phpBB, it comes up blank, I've now since done this several times but same result, blank. Boy I'm on a roll :P
When you say "blank" what are you seeing - the dreaded "White Screen"?
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

Edge100x wrote:Are you using our autoinstaller? Did it show you an error?
Hi John, yes and it installs just as it should, no error there.
GitSum wrote:
Clay52 wrote: Now after recreating a db and reinstalling the phpBB, it comes up blank, I've now since done this several times but same result, blank. Boy I'm on a roll :P
When you say "blank" what are you seeing - the dreaded "White Screen"?
Yes white screen with nothing at all.

Everything was fine until as I said, I changed passwords. I just wished I'd have done it before starting my web stuff initially, my bad, hope I didn't mess things up John.
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

Update: I just now recreated a new db and ran the autoinstaller (phpBB) and things seem to be ok now. Perhaps just sleeping on it and coming back overnight helped. One more thing, is it ok that we update phpBB to 3.09? Thanks John and GitSum for the input!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Yes, please do upgrade to 3.0.9. I'll have to work on updating that autoinstaller also.
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

Edge100x wrote:Yes, please do upgrade to 3.0.9. I'll have to work on updating that autoinstaller also.
Sounds good and I'm at 3.09 now and forum stuff is going fine considering I'm so new at all of this, just I'm a total HTML n00b and very lost and could use some help on the content stuff etc.

One quick question though, is it desirable to have a separate db for each auto-installer?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I'd recommend using a separate database for each, yes. This just ensures that they won't trample each others' tables.
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

Edge100x wrote:I'd recommend using a separate database for each, yes. This just ensures that they won't trample each others' tables.
Ok great, will do. Another thing, I do have phpMyAdmin installed to check it out, also of course phpBB for the forums stuff but I was curious again being so new at all of this, do most who have their sites hosted here, do they use or do we necessarily need the other auto-installers, e.g. Wordpress, Drupal? Thanks John.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Different customers have different setups and all of the autoinstallers are used by some. phpMyAdmin is probably the most commonly used one, followed by phpBB, then Drupal and Wordpress. You should only use the autoinstallers that you need personally.
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

Edge100x wrote:Different customers have different setups and all of the autoinstallers are used by some. phpMyAdmin is probably the most commonly used one, followed by phpBB, then Drupal and Wordpress. You should only use the autoinstallers that you need personally.
Understood. I have all but Django installed so I can decide upon which or all to work with, and all are working fine but I just tried to log into phpMyAdmin moments ago and get the error:

#1045 Cannot log in to the MySQL server
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

It may be that your database information was changed since you installed phpmyadmin. Do you really need phpmyadmin? It is mostly used for manually working with databases directly, sort of an advanced user interface.
TimeX
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

TimeX wrote:It may be that your database information was changed since you installed phpmyadmin. Do you really need phpmyadmin? It is mostly used for manually working with databases directly, sort of an advanced user interface.
Hi Time, yeah probably not but I installed it to see how it was out of curiosity. I've not done anything with it (phpMyAdmin db)to my recollection, though I've worked with phpBB extensively so not sure why the error would occur, any other ideas? Perhaps I'll give it a go down the road when I'm more versed in the basics.
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

phpmyadmin doesn't really have a database of its own per se, it is more of a tool for connecting to various other databases to do work on them.

To more directly address your problem, I'm really not sure why it would be giving that error, but reinstalling it may help.
TimeX
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

TimeX wrote:phpmyadmin doesn't really have a database of its own per se, it is more of a tool for connecting to various other databases to do work on them.

To more directly address your problem, I'm really not sure why it would be giving that error, but reinstalling it may help.
Understood. I've deleted all /public/phpMyAdmin files, reinstalled it and the error still persists oddly enough.