Natural Selection tentatively added to our repertoire

News for the main page
Edge100x
Founder
Founder
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Natural Selection tentatively added to our repertoire

Post by Edge100x »

We've added the option of purchasing a Natural Selection server to our order form. Along with the new option comes tentative pricing for it -- higher than any other server we offer due to the incredible CPU usage requirements of NS servers. (Because we use only the best hardware, high CPU usage is very costly for us -- NS means new machines will need to be bought far more often than before to ensure lag-free operation for all our servers.)

Our addition of Natural Selection to our offerings was prompted in part by the 1.02 patch, which decreased CPU usage a bit, and the 1.03 patch, which added support for Admin mod.

If you want to give one of our Natural Selection servers a spin, check out nstest.nuclearfallout.net:27015. It won't be up too much longer, but it should provide a good meter stick of what to expect as far as performance (note: it's at InterNAP Seattle).

Comments are appreciated, if you have 'em ;)
MCP87
A regular
A regular

Post by MCP87 »

Jezze you weren't kidding about the price ouch ouch ouch ouch but still cheapper for the quaity of service aleast if it was in seattle. I don't know about you LA office i have been goin thru you posts and like every 5th to 10th post has something to do with LA being down :( I have only had a server from here for about a month and the only problems that i have had are ones that i created Edge100x is doing a ggreat job keep it up man w00t!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Hehe, you're right that the posts make LA sound bad ;). Not as bad as it seems, though, and we shouldn't have problems there for awhile longer now that they have their new hardware in place.
MaddogJedi
New to forums
New to forums

Post by MaddogJedi »

Personally I think Seatle kicks LA's ass! We started in LA and had some down time and not so great pings for clan members not on the west coast. Moved to Seatle and thus far: 0 down time, nation wide pings rock, and um, yeah, well, thats it!

First Seatle brings us grunge rock and coffee, then gaming servers of the gods. What's next? 8)

MJ
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

LOL ;). Well, I think Seattle's awesome too. No downtime, always fast, and InterNAP can't be beat for its customer support. I've had them fix many problems over the last six months when customers have had higher pings than they should, for instance.

Did you know that both Art of War Central and GameDaemons also use InterNAP bandwidth for their servers? The difference is that our Seattle servers are much cheaper than either, and they don't offer servers in Seattle :P
MCP87
A regular
A regular

Post by MCP87 »

LOL ya i was playin on one LA NFO server and aleast for me i was getting 40-65 eh not really bad but i prefer my ping on my Seattle NFO server 10-30 heheheh