Disabling the shield with AMX Mod

Anubis
Staff
Staff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Disabling the shield with AMX Mod

Post by Anubis »

Here is the plugin that I promised to get to everyone. Unfortunately it only works with AMX mod. Im not a big fan of adminmod and I dont know as much about AM as AMX so Im sorry. I guess I could do some extensive searching for an AM plugin but I have no way to test it since I do not use AM on either of my servers.

Back to the main point. The following plugin will disable the shield permanently until an admin decides to re-enable it again. The really cool thing is that the only thing you need to do to disable the shield is to load the plugin onto your server and add a line to the addons/amx/plugins/plugins.ini file. The shield is disabled by default. The plugin is tied with other weapon disable commands however they are not on by default. It also has weapon voting commands if you feel like being democratic.

Download the plugin by clicking the following link

amx_weapon_vote_and_restrict.zip

Have fun and good bye shield, shield glitches and shield causing server crashes.
IRC @ #ruthlesslords on Gamesnet

http://www.ruthlesslords.net

rlpub.nuclearfallout.net
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

If you are running AMX 0.9.6j, you should be able to disable the shield with two commands, using the stock configuration.

amx_restrict on shield
amx_restrict save
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

Edge100x wrote:If you are running AMX 0.9.6j, you should be able to disable the shield with two commands, using the stock configuration.

amx_restrict on shield
amx_restrict save
I knew it! there was another command after that, bah, anubis u amx guru, u didnt know! haha

oh wells, at least I knew I had the command right :D

now for admin mod, admin_restrictweapon 8 8 works ingame, but not as a server cvar, anyway to set that?
Anubis
Staff
Staff

Post by Anubis »

Maybe I should clairfy to backup my AMX guru status. The plugin is for AMX version 0.9.3 which is the current version out that is not beta. 0.9.6j aka 0.9.7 beta has a restrict plugin built in, along with others. However, it is not in its final form yet. I would suggest to people to use 0.9.6j but it is full of bugs. When the final comes out that will be the solution.

And I did know about the command in 0.9.6j but like I said, its buggy. The last time I used the beta it reserved 2 slots on my server by default and there was no way to remove them. I dont know if its like that for everyone or if its that buggy for everyone. I do know that I wouldnt suggest using it until the final version.

For the time being I am saying that people should use this plugin. This plugin does not require you to amx_restrict on shield amx_save. The shield is restricted by default. The default restriction on the shield does not allow a player to buy it using the GUI 8 8 or using the alias bind <key> shield. Until the final of 0.9.7 is released, I see this as being the best option.

rlpub.nuclearfallout.net
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

admin mod is trickier since the authors are slower to update it than AMX. Are you sure admin_restrictweapon 8 8 works even with the alias version of the buy commands? I know that people were saying that would only work with stopping the menus, but I haven't been able to confirm it.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Anubis wrote:The last time I used the beta it reserved 2 slots on my server by default and there was no way to remove them. I dont know if its like that for everyone or if its that buggy for everyone.
Odd, I've been trolling the AMX mod forums a bit since the release and I haven't seen too many people with that problem. One guy had it and Olo told him to stop hiding slots, whatever that means ( http://amxmod.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22302 ). Did you install AMX from scratch?
Anubis
Staff
Staff

Post by Anubis »

Yeah, I had the reserved slots set to 0. And no matter how many restarts I did or map changes the slots stayed at 14 instead of 16. It was really odd. And it sucks that Olo's only solution is "don't hide slots." Im not sure how many people have that problem or whatever but I did and I didnt like it...lol.

Yes I did install that version of AMX from scratch. Considering its completely different than any previous versions of AMX I decided to totally remove 0.9.3 and install that way. 0.0.6j aka 0.9.7 beta uses a users.ini file and some other totally different things.

I am normally all for using betas and being a tester. However, when I start testing something and it stops working/crashes/doesnt do what its supposed to/has bugs, I dont recommend that others do it. There were a few people posting that 0.9.6j is buggy in the AMX forums as well.

http://amxmod.net/forums/viewtopic.php? ... ight=steam

And it doesnt look like they have gotten them worked out yet.

rlpub.nuclearfallout.net
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

The post you linked is the one I already read every page of, my verdict being that most problems were minor ;). CSstats causing crashing seemed to be the biggest one, and Olo distributed a fix.
Anubis
Staff
Staff

Post by Anubis »

Oh I see. I'd still say wait for the final. I dont think the problem with slots has been fixed yet. :roll:

rlpub.nuclearfallout.net
Smoke
A regular
A regular

Post by Smoke »

AMX mod v96j is working hella good. No bugs to report. I'd suggest using this one.
Optic_X
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Optic_X »

thx for the info SMOKE
Dweebfire
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Dweebfire »

Better yet...with AMX 0.9.6j try using amx_restmenu. You can restrict ANYTHING with that command and save the configuration. Its a plugin included with that version of AMX. Very cool.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Yep, that's the same plugin that furnishes the commands I listed above :D
tumbleweed
A regular
A regular

Post by tumbleweed »

Edge100x wrote:If you are running AMX 0.9.6j, you should be able to disable the shield with two commands, using the stock configuration.

amx_restrict on shield
amx_restrict save
what is the path to place this information?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

You would type those into your console while connected to the server and logged in as an admin.