Lag arising - BF3

TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Lag arising - BF3

Post by TimSad »

My 64 player Conquest server has been running fine at max players for about 6 rounds now. But, ever since we got to the map Tehran Highway it started stuttering like crazy for everybody.

Is anybody else seeing this? Is it specific to just this moment (12:00ish AM PDT) or perhaps map specific? Probably not server specific but if so hopefully things will be smoothed out soon.
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Lag arising - BF3

Post by kraze »

I have not heard of any issues on this map as of now, however is this on a managed machine or regular game server? If regular game server open a request and let us take a look at CPU usage.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

It is a Game Server. Our server is empty right now but next time it happens I'll put in a ticket to see if you guys can find out anything.
ImageImage
NateN34
New to forums
New to forums

Post by NateN34 »

Yeah, not sure what is happening.

I try to join only NFOservers server's, because they usually are the most lag free.

Although every NFOservers server has severe rubber banding. Note that it also did this on the Caspian Border maps during the beta!
Darksky
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Darksky »

I removed Tehran Highway from my servers rotation because of lag/rubber banding.
It runs fine on the map until we hit the 50+ player mark on the map and then it goes to crap.
game server.
Haven't noticed lag on any other maps as of yet.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Darksky wrote:I removed Tehran Highway from my servers rotation because of lag/rubber banding.
It runs fine on the map until we hit the 50+ player mark on the map and then it goes to crap.
game server.
Haven't noticed lag on any other maps as of yet.
Oh, okay! So you noticed it on Tehran Highway as well? I guess it's looking like that was map specific. Can anyone else verify?
ImageImage
jasonelmore
A regular
A regular

Post by jasonelmore »

I to can also verify that Teheran Highway is unplayable at 64 player. Our servers have been full since NFO released them.

Teheran highway has caused us to lose a majority of the server population everytime it's came up. We to, removed this map from our rotation.

Kharg Island also introduces some rubber banding lag spikes for us, but no where near Teheran Highway.

Additionally, all of the maps are experiencing rubberbanding to some extent after the server has been running non-stop for 2-3 hours. Memory leak is my guess.

Also we are also having a problem with Crash's. This happened twice tonight and according the NFO Support, the Dump stated that this was due to a error with BLAZE (One of EA's Server Backends)

We've also had a couple of crash's while issuing Daemon commands such as !kick Playername, and !nextmap. So for the time being, we have ceased use of all NFO Daemon commands, and we just use it for the rotation.

It puzzles me why none of these big name admin tools are ready. BF3CC is still not released, ProCon has major issues regarding 64 player servers.

Jason E.
Slaughterhouse
bhslaughter.com
=S= Corruptor
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by =S= Corruptor »

We also crashed with a full server :(. Our very noticeable rubber banding issues were on Damavand Peak FYI.
DobbsMT
New to forums
New to forums

Post by DobbsMT »

I haven't had a server crash yet, but last night with only two of us on Caspian (64 player) we were rubber banding pretty badly.
wyseguy79
A regular
A regular

Post by wyseguy79 »

DobbsMT wrote:I haven't had a server crash yet, but last night with only two of us on Caspian (64 player) we were rubber banding pretty badly.
How did you get the game to start with just 2 players? I tried adjusting the settings to 2 plays for round start but it keep telling me that I need 7 more or 6 more when 2 of us join the game.