Steam upgrade

News for the main page
Edge100x
Founder
Founder
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Steam upgrade

Post by Edge100x »

We've finished upgrading all servers to Steam. Things generally went smoothly this morning, with only a couple of exceptions. For instance, we found that fakefull does not work with CS 1.6, and we were forced to replace liblist.gam with the default for everyone (so if you turned off secure mode before, you will have to re-disable it again). In addition, for mods not directly supported by Steam, such as Firearms and Natural Selection, users must copy over the mod's directory and related files from their Half-life folder to the Steam Half-life folder (normally Steam\SteamApps\half-life) to be able to play through Steam.

If you use admin mod or AMX mod on your server, you will need to convert the WONIDs for your admins to their equivalent SteamIDs. For instance, a users.ini line for admin mod like this:

48910::131071

Might become:

STEAM_0:0:59322::131071

The caps is important, as is having the entire SteamID, including the colons.

Similarly, an admin.cfg line for AMX mod would replace the WONID in quotes with the SteamID, in quotes.

Reserve slots, reserved names, and private servers for admin mod will not work properly with Steam using the current admin mod version. To get those working, you will need to either wait for a new admin mod version or run the beta DLL provided on the admin mod site (this). Similar problems exist with AMX; find its latest beta linked in this forums thread. Once these betas become final, we will load them onto our servers as the default installed versions.
Anubis
Staff
Staff

Post by Anubis »

A small correction about STEAM ID's and admin.

As far as I, and the other people in support this morning, know; Adminmod will not work with STEAM ID's. However, using a plugin which modifies admin.amx with AMX mod you can use STEAM ID's to login as an admin on your server.

If you do not have AMX mod then this plugin will not work for you, nor will using STEAM ID's.

There is a plugin from AMX called admin_II. Please download it by clicking the following link and install it via the instructions provided below.

admin_II.zip

INSTRUCTIONS

Extract the admin_II.amx to your addons/amx/plugins directory. Then replace the line containing admin.amx in your plugins.ini with admin_II.amx. Then follow normal admin procedure, using the "c" flag to indicate it's an authid and use STEAM_0:steamid as the first field in the amx_admin commands in your admin.cfg file.
IRC @ #ruthlesslords on Gamesnet

http://www.ruthlesslords.net

rlpub.nuclearfallout.net
Anubis
Staff
Staff

Post by Anubis »

Another correction. Using the method listed by John (Edge) for Adminmod. STEAM ID's will work. I only posted they didnt because for some reason they wernt earlier today. So follow his directions for Adminmod.

rlpub.nuclearfallout.net
Smoke
A regular
A regular

Post by Smoke »

Geez! I wish you would have let us know before hand so that I can prep my players..........Just got home and my inbox is filled with server complaints something about a connection message like this...........

"lan server restricted to client type c"
darkmaverick
New to forums
New to forums

Post by darkmaverick »

i don't know exactly where to post this but i've entered a few of your servers and noticed that a type of wc3 plugin isn't working correctly. the plugin is supposed to allow you to save the exp you get so that you re-enter a server what you did last would be saved. well anyways it isn't saving and for example heres a server dgi.nuclearfallout.net
Anubis
Staff
Staff

Post by Anubis »

If it says "lan server restricted to client type c" it means that the person is trying to connect through 1.5. You need steam to connect to the servers.

rlpub.nuclearfallout.net
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Smoke wrote:Geez! I wish you would have let us know before hand so that I can prep my players..........Just got home and my inbox is filled with server complaints something about a connection message like this...........

"lan server restricted to client type c"
That's exactly why I sent out the warning email last night! It's as though I read your post and went back in time to tell myself ;).

We had quite a few people itching for the 1.6 update earlier but our policy is to always warn renters before such big events happen. When we decided to make the upgrade (and confirmed that our systems were ready for it), I scheduled it for the next day and sent out the warning email.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Here's another tidbit about Steam.

I'm hearing that servers with a # in the name do not show properly in the browser. If you're having this problem, try removing the # in the hostname.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Apparently the high ping kicker plugin for admin mod is also incompatible with Steam and needs to be disabled.
The Lokster
New to forums
New to forums

admin_II.zip

Post by The Lokster »

Hey I d/led the admin_II.zip to try, so we could at least have admins in.

But when I enable the admin_II plugin, it doens't allow anyone to come into the server.

Anybody know how to fix this.

loki
Andrew m Malleck
Vm|Mayhem
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Vm|Mayhem »

My High ping kicker and fakefull Pro appear to be working with steam.
Anubis
Staff
Staff

Post by Anubis »

You would have to come see me in support or pm me your info so I can see what you did exactly. The server I tested this on worked properly and the four servers I know of that used this method also work properly. There is also a new AMX mod (version 0.9.6j) that says its supposed to work with CS 1.6 and Steam. However, I have yet to test this version. I will soon though.

As far as the # sign in the hostname goes; I have two servers from NFo (public and private) which both contain #ruthlesslords in the hostname for advertisement. My private showed up the last time I refreshed the servers list. However, my public did not. Why? No clue. But there are 3500 1.6 servers that refreshed for me this last time. Maybe some people are missing their server on the list. Or maybe it just didnt get refreshed that time. However, I have seen many servers with the # in their name.

GG Steam :?

rlpub.nuclearfallout.net
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Is your # at the beginning or end of the hostname?
Anubis
Staff
Staff

Post by Anubis »

Its actually in the middle. However, I have seen # signs at the beginning and end of hostnames.

As far as the AMX mod version 0.9.6j (aka 0.9.7 beta) goes. I do not suggest installing it. It is not totally compatible with Steam/1.6 servers. It still has a few major bugs to be worked out (including one that will drop your slots by 2 and you cannot fix it without the .sma files). Please refrain from installing this unless you know more than the ops in the #NFo-support channel. And if thats the case then come help. :)

The best thing I can suggest doing for AMX users is to install the admin_II.amx pluging and configure your server that way. It is a method that has been tested and proven to work without error.

rlpub.nuclearfallout.net
The Lokster
New to forums
New to forums

hey

Post by The Lokster »

Hey my clan and I decided to try the v0.9.6j and we got it to work.

Thanks for the help Anubis.

loki
Andrew m Malleck