Ventrilo server support

News for the main page
Edge100x
Founder
Founder
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Ventrilo server support

Post by Edge100x »

We now offer low-priced Ventrilo servers. These are available from our standard ordering page, which has been revamped to support the new type of server.

Ventrilo servers come with a simple control panel that allows editing of the relevant configuration files, starting/stopping/restarting of the server, and the option to show Ventrilo functions on a game server's page. We are also working on a status facility to show how many clients are connected to the Ventrilo server along with other standard information.

All of our hosted Ventrilo servers will share an IP address (ventrilo.nuclearfallout.net) and exist on different ports.
RUFUS
A regular
A regular

Post by RUFUS »

will we be able to make them private (passworded) ? through the control panel?
teH.nuclearfallout.net
#teHaxclan
crab
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by crab »

if you can't it is a simple rcon command to turn on password and change password. You just have to log in as admin and go into the chat console to execute rcon commands. All the rcon help is built into it as well so it's not hard to do.
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

crab wrote:if you can't it is a simple rcon command to turn on password and change password. You just have to log in as admin and go into the chat console to execute rcon commands. All the rcon help is built into it as well so it's not hard to do.
hes talking about ventrilo server, and passwording them

you simply edit the ini file in the control panel, go down to password and enter a password of your choice after the "="
RUFUS
A regular
A regular

Post by RUFUS »

coo coo, then im gettig one :lol: . thx
teH.nuclearfallout.net
#teHaxclan
crab
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by crab »

hes talking about ventrilo server, and passwording them

OMG Acura I know! I'm not an idiot, I've been using vent and running my own server on my own pc for months now. If you go into the chat console in vent (you have to be logged in as admin) and type /rcon help, you will get all the rcon commands. If you type an rcon command, i.e. /rcon auth, it will tell you what that option is currently set at. To password a server you need to set /rcon auth 1, and then you need to set /rcon password <password>. It's that easy and you can do it from ventrilo without having to log into a separate control panel.

I should be the vent helper :)
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

ya well he said through control panel :P

I have used the commands in ventrilo before

If you already in your control panel, you might as well do it when ure already there for gameserver or something, plus if you set a pass, you only need it one time and use that pass forever.
crab
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by crab »

I probably shouldn't even reply but I am:

Two seperate questions. I said I didn't know about the control panel but that it could easily be done through /rcon.

Then you told me that this thread about ventrilo was... about ventrilo. So I explained myself further... and now I'm doing it again.
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

crab wrote:I probably shouldn't even reply but I am:

Two seperate questions. I said I didn't know about the control panel but that it could easily be done through /rcon.

Then you told me that this thread about ventrilo was... about ventrilo. So I explained myself further... and now I'm doing it again.
lol..ok problem solved.

Naw, I mixed up you with someone that came in one time that sad he wanted this 3rd party voice chat program, and he said it was called HLTV, I'm like, thats 3rd party? Heck its made by sierra/valve themselves, notice the HL in it. Hes like, dude its voice chat program, I'm like, are you thinking of ventrilo at http://www.ventrilo.com, hes like OHHHH, ya thats it....

2 minutes later, he asks, then wtf is HLTV? I say, its a proxy that other players can log into and watch the game via their CS or HL mod. Hes like cool, where I get it. I'm like, you should have it in your main directory already, it got installed when you installed CS.

Hes like ohhh, never look in there. How I connect to hltv? and on and on...

I should have the logs somewhere in my backups :D
crab
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by crab »

lol, that's funny. Speaking of HLTV, I can't wait till the next thread in here says "nfo now supports HLTV servers". I ordered a HLTV server from another company a week ago, still haven't got it. First his excuse was that he had to fire his Linux guy, then he didn't have time because he's moving to college. I don't think I'll be renting anything from him any time soon.
RUFUS
A regular
A regular

Post by RUFUS »

i wasnt able to get my vent server :cry: . for some reason the link i got in the email to pay through paypal doesnt work. it says it expires in 2 weeks, so i guess i'll fill out another order form. i emailed NFO, but no response. It's a holiday though, i understand. thx.
teH.nuclearfallout.net
#teHaxclan
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Should work now.
RUFUS
A regular
A regular

Post by RUFUS »

[quote="acuraCLS
you simply edit the ini file in the control panel, go down to password and enter a password of your choice after the "="[/quote]

i logged in through the control panel,and went to ini file, but i dont see anything on there. do i put password=<pw>?
teH.nuclearfallout.net
#teHaxclan
RUFUS
A regular
A regular

Post by RUFUS »

i tried starting/restarting my vent server, but it keeps saying its offline.
teH.nuclearfallout.net
#teHaxclan
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

RUFUS wrote:
acuraCLS wrote: you simply edit the ini file in the control panel, go down to password and enter a password of your choice after the "="
i logged in through the control panel,and went to ini file, but i dont see anything on there. do i put password=<pw>?
you should see something like:

Code: Select all

[Server]

Name=A Nuclearfallout Ventrilo svr
Phonetic=Server
Comment=http://rentals.nuclearfallout.net
Port=3000
Auth=0
Duplicates=1
AdminPassword=mr
Password=
MaxClients=10