Dedicated Box - Pre Sale Questions

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Spetsnaz
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Dedicated Box - Pre Sale Questions

Post by Spetsnaz »

Hello guys, and to all nFO team.
I am really cerious, cause I have money to buy a good Dedicated Box.
I heard a lot about them. As I may remark on your Page:
https://www.nfoservers.com/order-virtua ... server.php
I am really intersted by the 8 Core Dedicated Box. So here are my questions:

Q1: I can have 8 servers with that box... How many slots each servers?
A:

Q2: I can install server of any type of game I wish to install?
A:

Q3: When I install a server, is there any configuration page, such as how much FPS I want, tickrate, slot ... etc?
A:

Q4: Does nFO offer support to Dedicated Box users? Cause Like you may remark, I am really new, but still want a dedicated box..
A:

Q5: Is there any KNOWLEDGES I need to have to run an Dedicated Box?
A:

Thank you, for the moment, those are all my questions.
Thank you to awsner.

Arthur,
Spetsnaz's Lounge Gaming (Community)
www.sl-source.com
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Dedicated Box - Pre Sale Questions

Post by Edge100x »

Spetsnaz wrote:Q1: I can have 8 servers with that box... How many slots each servers?
You can run as many servers as you'd like on the machine, and as many slots as you'd like -- it's just that after a certain point, you will start seeing reduced performance. I'd estimate that with the highest configuration you could handle a couple hundred filled players at once before experiencing performance issues, if you were running CS 1.6 / CS:S. That means you could probably have servers with slots totaling more than that (as servers usually have at least a few slots free, on average).
Q2: I can install server of any type of game I wish to install?
Yes.
Q3: When I install a server, is there any configuration page, such as how much FPS I want, tickrate, slot ... etc?
All of these can be set however you'd like, but it's generally done through the server's command line configuration files. The exact method will vary based on the type of server you are running.

You could think of a dedicated (or virtual dedicated) server as like your own machine at home, but much faster and on better bandwidth. So however you might configure it at home, it would be the same here.
Q4: Does nFO offer support to Dedicated Box users? Cause Like you may remark, I am really new, but still want a dedicated box..
We offer full hardware, bandwidth, and control panel support directly through email. Software isn't supported directly, but we try to answer whatever questions we can through this forum.
Q5: Is there any KNOWLEDGES I need to have to run an Dedicated Box?
Mainly you'll just need to know how to search the web :). The basics of running most types of game servers are well-covered on many websites (including here, to some extent) and you'll just need to apply the instructions you find. If you have any knowledge gaps that need to be filled in, we'll also do our best to help.

You might consider starting with a smaller virtual server size while you learn the ropes. You can always upgrade later to whatever other size you'd like, or even switch to a full-on dedicated machine.
Spetsnaz
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Spetsnaz »

Well I know how does Games Servers works, install mods and many other stuff.
But Juts wondering. Money is not a problem, I want the best for my community.
Is there any + I can pay so I can have FULLL support everwhere?

Thank you.

Spetsnaz
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

If you are already familiar with how to install mods and configure the game servers as we provide them, you won't actually find the basics of running them on a dedicated server very hard at all. I wouldn't expect you to take more than 30 minutes or an hour to have your first server up and running the way you want it, and maybe 5 minutes per server beyond that.
Spetsnaz
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Spetsnaz »

so when I want to install a server, there is a button, configuration file, all like I want, and then it install it-self?
Ex:
If I wnat to install counter-strike source server, I configure it, then install it. When its done, there all basic files in it alreayd right?
I dont need to add each files to all directories by my own?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

As an example, here's how you would set up a CS 1.6 server: http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =46&t=4021