trying to install e107

Connect with other users about what to run on your webhosting (and how to run it) here.
FogClan
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

trying to install e107

Post by FogClan »

hey guys i am trying to install e107 as my clan's cms but it erroring out when it tryed to contact the mysql

Connection to the MySQL server established and verified.

Database not found.

MySQL Reported Error:
Access denied for user '***'@'localhost' to database 'e107'

the database it there but it cant find it what should i do. am i doing some thing wrong or missing a step some where ?
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: trying to install e107

Post by soja »

Your database name is probably invalid. You are missing the prefix for your package name if you are using NFO's web hosting

For example if your web hosting package is called fogclan, and your database name is e107, the actual database name would be fogclan_e107.
Not a NFO employee
rlm850
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: trying to install e107

Post by rlm850 »

soja wrote: For example if your web hosting package is called fogclan, and your database name is e107, the actual database name would be fogclan_e107.
What he said.

You can check by clicking the "Databases" tab in your NFO control panel. It will show you the full database name (provided you have already created it). Above it, you will see all the information that needs to be entered in the e107 setup.

DB Host: localhost
DB User: displayed in panel
DB Pass: displayed in panel
DB Name: (copy the full name you see in the control panel)

--edit--

oops.. first time logging in for about a year. didn't notice this was over a week old. he hasn't even logged in recently