Partial FTP Access?

Connect with other users about what to run on your webhosting (and how to run it) here.
SG-17
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Partial FTP Access?

Post by SG-17 »

Is it possible to setup a sub-FTP Account that can only access specific subfolders?
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Re: Partial FTP Access?

Post by TimeX »

That is not possible at this time. Only one login is provided per service.

May I ask why you wish to have sub accounts?
TimeX
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

At the price point of our webhosting services, we can't really support one account branching into many sites with different permissions structures -- the resource demand for each account would quickly balloon past our costs. If you are thinking of reselling or otherwise restrict just one domain out of a service, you should order a separate webhosting service, instead.

We have considered offering webhosting as a managed service, as with game servers, meaning that customers could lease a managed machine or VDS and create as many separate services on that machine or VDS as they wished at no extra cost. This would allow the customer to be in control of how resources are used. We have not heard much demand for this and it is a lower priority than some other projects here, but we will continue to consider it.
SG-17
New to forums
New to forums

Post by SG-17 »

TimeX wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:27 am That is not possible at this time. Only one login is provided per service.

May I ask why you wish to have sub accounts?
My friend and I are running the site together, I built it, he is running the clan tournaments. I was hoping to be able to give him FTP access to the subfolder that has the clan webpages so he could keep them up to date at his leisure.
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

You could share the same FTP login information with him, in that case. If the idea is to have increased security, a limited FTP account does not provide much of that and could still be exploited.
TimeX
Naleksuh
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Naleksuh »

Edge100x wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:44 am At the price point of our webhosting services, we can't really support one account branching into many sites with different permissions structures -- the resource demand for each account would quickly balloon past our costs. If you are thinking of reselling or otherwise restrict just one domain out of a service, you should order a separate webhosting service, instead.
Would it work for one of the higher plans, even if not the $3 one?
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

That limitation applies to all of our webhosting plans.
TimeX