False Statements?

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
UnArMeD_ARMY
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

False Statements?

Post by UnArMeD_ARMY »

On the front of http://rentals.nuclearfallout.net/ it says and I quote "Dual Opteron 246 (2.0ghz) or better (faster than any Xeon!)" and I went on the control panel and I see that i'm on "1.8 Opterons" which are 244's. That does make a difference, difference between ddr400, dual channel ram, etc. Now how can you say you have 246's or better when I have 244's?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

You missed the rest of the quote:
New fully company-owned machines that are:
* Dual Opteron 246 (2.0ghz) or better (faster than any Xeon!)
* 800 MHz FSB
* 2.0 GB RAM or better
The new machines are that type. We still have quite a few older machines that are perfectly good and being used.

And to answer your questions, no, it doesn't make a difference on in-game performance, and no, the only difference between our 1.8's and 2.0's are the speeds of the processors.
UnArMeD_ARMY
A regular
A regular

Post by UnArMeD_ARMY »

Oh okay, but the way you have it on your page is that you use 246's and higher, like your baseline is 246. I agree it wont matter too much on performance but 244's only compatable with pc2700 at the highest which doesnt make them monsters. But you have to admit the statement is a little misleading
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We've had that wording on the page with (different processors) for a couple of years now, with very few comments. Hmm.
UnArMeD_ARMY
A regular
A regular

Post by UnArMeD_ARMY »

Yes I know, its not entirely misleading but still just glancing it sounds like all your servers would be 246's