adkats, currency, procon chat ... etc. all require ...

Connect with other users about what to run on your webhosting (and how to run it) here.
2-Point-O
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

adkats, currency, procon chat ... etc. all require ...

Post by 2-Point-O »

adkats, currency, procon chat ... etc. all require an innodb. I have no clue as what an innodb is compared to that of a current non-innodb.

I am extremely clueless and lack any knowledge of manipulating. manipulation or modifying a database.
I am so ready to just give up the ghost on this stupid idea of renting a game server and way beyond frustration past the p.n.r.

even the database for phpnuke is acting up as I cannot edit or modify the web design, add modules, themes etc as everything I try and do anything after logging in as admin, click on 'Anything' it loops me back to the admin login page.

maybe I'm asking the wrong questions ?

How do I manipulate/modify a database when I have absolutely no idea what I'm getting myself into?
Am sorry, my patients is not that great, my lack of understanding even if I read it over and over ....... until I'm blue in the face, I do not comprehend anything. yet I don't like to ask people because then I don't learn anything.

My knowledge lays in hardware, I can build a rig from the ground up with my eyes closed, bring new life to dead hardware by cooking the item, yet couldnt program a vcr with someone from the manufacturer standing over me telling me what to do ...

Are there people on web sites such as fiverr.com or anything that I might be able to pay someone to setup my server config? I cant afford much but its worth a try. I say fiverr.com because its five bux for something I cannot figure out on my own ...

the sooner someone gets back to me, the more likely if this will work the better chance of staying ...
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: adkats, currency, procon chat ... etc. all require ...

Post by kraze »

innodb is just a type of database. We don't recommend using it since it cannot reliably be recovered from a backup on our end, but you can still use it. Either way, when setting up and installing a database your plugin should automatically configure it to use innodb, so I wouldn't stress too much there. You'd just need to actually create the database and supply your plugin with the login information.

As for PhpNuke, my experience with that specific software is limited, but based on your description it sounds like you have some type of siteURL/cookie issue going on. Was this a fresh install that you used or did you copy an install from somewhere else?
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
doulos9
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by doulos9 »

If you insist on using phpnuke I would recommend a more robust, and secure fork. I use RavenNuke on one site. It has a huge community willing to help you. However, as with phpnuke, you will need some familiarity with HTML, CSS, and PHP if you want to modify it's core, modules, and/or blocks. You can get it HERE
2-Point-O
New to forums
New to forums

Post by 2-Point-O »

kraze wrote:innodb is just a type of database. We don't recommend using it since it cannot reliably be recovered from a backup on our end, but you can still use it. Either way, when setting up and installing a database your plugin should automatically configure it to use innodb, so I wouldn't stress too much there. You'd just need to actually create the database and supply your plugin with the login information.

As for PhpNuke, my experience with that specific software is limited, but based on your description it sounds like you have some type of siteURL/cookie issue going on. Was this a fresh install that you used or did you copy an install from somewhere else?
Sorry for the delay in response.
Maybe I'm just not doing it right because the information I type and or copy and paste are not communicating with the database('s)

2-Point-O
New to forums
New to forums

Post by 2-Point-O »

doulos9 wrote:If you insist on using phpnuke I would recommend a more robust, and secure fork. I use RavenNuke on one site. It has a huge community willing to help you. However, as with phpnuke, you will need some familiarity with HTML, CSS, and PHP if you want to modify it's core, modules, and/or blocks. You can get it HERE

I am unaware of this RavenNuke nor ever heard of it.

I would much rather use DNN or Dot Net Nuke being that it a lot more secure than that of .php format as it is .asp or .aspx

kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

2-Point-O wrote:
kraze wrote:innodb is just a type of database. We don't recommend using it since it cannot reliably be recovered from a backup on our end, but you can still use it. Either way, when setting up and installing a database your plugin should automatically configure it to use innodb, so I wouldn't stress too much there. You'd just need to actually create the database and supply your plugin with the login information.

Maybe I'm just not doing it right because the information I type and or copy and paste are not communicating with the database('s)
Are you getting any specific errors from your plugin when they try to connect?
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
2-Point-O
New to forums
New to forums

Post by 2-Point-O »

kraze wrote:
2-Point-O wrote:

Are you getting any specific errors from your plugin when they try to connect?

These are there errors once the plugin is enabled:

"

[13:09:01 01] [Statslogger]Error: getUpdateServerID1: MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 65.254.248.177:3306
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at MySql.Data.Common.StreamCreator.CreateSocketStream(IPAddress ip, Boolean unix)
at MySql.Data.Common.StreamCreator.GetStreamFromHost(String pipeName, String hostName, UInt32 timeout)
at MySql.Data.Common.StreamCreator.GetStream(UInt32 timeout)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Open()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.Open()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.Create(MySqlConnectionStringBuilder settings)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetPooledConnection()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.TryToGetDriver()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetConnection()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.Open()
at PRoConEvents.CChatGUIDStatsLogger.getUpdateServerID(CServerInfo csiServerInfo) in c:\Procon\Plugins\BF4\Temp\4kbo5oj3.0.cs:line 6770
[13:09:04 06] Error in Tablebuilder:
[13:09:04 06] Message: Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts.
[13:09:04 06] Native: -2147467259
[13:09:04 06] Source: MySql.Data
[13:09:04 06] StackTrace: at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Open()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.Open()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.Create(MySqlConnectionStringBuilder settings)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetPooledConnection()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.TryToGetDriver()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetConnection()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.Open()
at PRoConEvents.CChatGUIDStatsLogger.tablebuilder() in c:\Procon\Plugins\BF4\Temp\4kbo5oj3.0.cs:line 5064
[13:09:04 06] InnerException: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 65.254.248.177:3306
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at MySql.Data.Common.StreamCreator.CreateSocketStream(IPAddress ip, Boolean unix)
at MySql.Data.Common.StreamCreator.GetStreamFromHost(String pipeName, String hostName, UInt32 timeout)
at MySql.Data.Common.StreamCreator.GetStream(UInt32 timeout)
[13:09:04 06] Error: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at PRoConEvents.CChatGUIDStatsLogger.tablebuilder() in c:\Procon\Plugins\BF4\Temp\4kbo5oj3.0.cs:line 5675
"
2-Point-O
New to forums
New to forums

Post by 2-Point-O »

rconnect and all of its glory!

I originally applied for a new account in February 2016, it is now almost June 2016 and have yet to receive a response from the original application.

so I redo the registration process, amazingly get a reply. go to login and get an invalid password message, I go to reset the password, get a recovery code and even the recovery code doesn't work.
Now you want to talk about broken webpages.

This is why I am so frustrated with the whole situation, after one (1) hour of the stated 15 minute wait time to get an new password that will apparently be sent out to the email address I registered with. they REALLY need to do something about the broken email responder as I am as far as I am concerned 'Finished' with rcon.
Procon is 900 times more reliable than that of rconnect as even when registered with the Procon webpage. I am ABLE to login and actually get responses from others that use the application rather than waste my time and energy on a tool that won't even respond with the said email responder!