Tired of this crap

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
WH00PSTICK0923
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Tired of this crap

Post by WH00PSTICK0923 »

why am i paying $110+ a month for a server that keeps getting "ddos'd"
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Tired of this crap

Post by TacTicToe »

Because you bought into all the hype and propaganda spewed by EA/Dice, lulling you into a false sense of security?
WH00PSTICK0923
New to forums
New to forums

Post by WH00PSTICK0923 »

so your saying i shouldn't pay extra for fake no lag bullshit? AND IT CRASHED AGAIN F*** this.
Cyberbang3r
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Cyberbang3r »

Welcome to BF3/BF4 ----> Does not change one bit!
snivell
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by snivell »

I feel a flame coming on. :|
RainMotorsports
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by RainMotorsports »

If you don't want to get DDOS'd here are some tips. Don't list your server on game tracker if you plan on doing well. Top 10 server's get DDoS'd all the time for some games. Next tip is don't ever kick or ban anyone. Often a kick, ban or bad appeal sets someone off.

Now obviously its not always YOUR server. Problem is no matter what provider you go with your likely to be affected now and then by others being attacked. Take for instance the brute force attacks that were effecting entire Internap data centers this year going close to 100 Gbps in total. There is no easy way out of that.

Internap/NFO might not have the best DDoS protection solutions in existence but they don't actually provide DDoS protection and nor does any decent RSP's that I know of. In comparison to other providers I know of if your the target those RSP's will often null route all traffic to your server as the first or second step. For NFO it seems that is the last thing they will do because the customer is important and blocking a server altogether is worse than the DDoS in the first place. Considering the steps they take to mitigate attacks and the low price they offer I can't name a better RSP.
Abdul
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Abdul »

WH00PSTICK0923, are your individual IP's being targeted, is it another customer within the same dedicated server, or is it another customer within the same location (datacenter)?
FAST
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FAST »

The way Battlelog operates is very crappy and unstable; always been since they introduced this. Not really the provider's fault.

Something you either need to deal with or take the advice from the post above.