Dedicated Server ISO Upload Issues - Linux Newbie

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
EvilCensor
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Dedicated Server ISO Upload Issues - Linux Newbie

Post by EvilCensor »

On a dedicated server installed with XCP I'm trying to upload a 3Gb ISO (and would like the option of adding more).

However it's ending up in a 4Gb partition (/dev/sda1).. well some of it obviously - before it runs out of space.

I have a couple of questions:

1) When that 4Gb partition becomes full (or pretty close) any virtual harddrive on the server either becomes corrupt or lost - why is this?
2) For safety sake should the 4Gb partition be enlarged - is this possible without messing up the booting process - or completely unnecessary?
3) What do I need to be doing to upload ISOs to a larger partition?

I understand these questions are simple matters to many here but some guidance would be appreciated :oops:
EvilCensor
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Re: Dedicated Server ISO Upload Issues - Linux Newbie

Post by EvilCensor »

I should note that I used this post as a guide: http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =46&t=4848
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

EvilCensor wrote:1) When that 4Gb partition becomes full (or pretty close) any virtual harddrive on the server either becomes corrupt or lost - why is this?
That sounds like a bug in XCP =\.
2) For safety sake should the 4Gb partition be enlarged - is this possible without messing up the booting process - or completely unnecessary?
It would be easier/better to mount another partition and use it to store the .iso, most likely. To do this, you would probably need to turn off your VMs and resize a storage repository in order to make room. I believe they use LVM for these, which should make this possible.
3) What do I need to be doing to upload ISOs to a larger partition?
Once you have the larger partition available, you can make its mount point match the existing .iso directory, allowing you to upload in the same manner and have it go there.
EvilCensor
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by EvilCensor »

Thanks, I appreciate your help and patience.