WWCL

News for the main page
Edge100x
Founder
Founder
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

WWCL

Post by Edge100x »

I've been getting a lot of inquiries on installing and running WWCL lately, so a post on it might be appropriate.

First, I'd like to point out that HLGuard can also (just as) effectively be used to check client configurations, and in fact this was originally all it did in its early CSGuard incarnations. WWCL essentially duplicates a few of its basic functions but has much more aggressive default settings on what is allowed.

That said, it's unfortunate that many leagues are now requiring WWCL, when HLGuard could be used instead. But, the fact is, they are. So those of you in those leagues have to deal with the hassle of installing another metamod plugin.

To install WWCL, you can generally just follow its included instructions, with the following exceptions:

* You need to make sure that you back up any file that it wants you to change or replace, so you can go back if your server doesn't work correctly after you install WWCL.

* WWCL is written with an older version of metamod in mind than what most of you are running on your server. It expects a metamod.ini in the Counter-strike directory, when in later versions this file has been renamed and moved to addons/metamod/plugins.ini. Keep this in mind if you need to install WWCL -- you don't need to use its version of metamod because all servers have it already, and when it refers to metamod.ini, it means either metamod.ini or addons/metamod/plugins.ini, depending on the version of metamod on your server (check your server to see which file exists and has entries in it already to find out which one you need to use).
MCP87
A regular
A regular

Post by MCP87 »

Hey if any of you are running WWCL and would like to know how to get rid of that damn "Authication Finished" message that shows up after eveytime WWCL scane read on.

Ok all you have to do is go into the WWCL dir, open wwwcl_ok.cfg and edit this line: wwclconfig_success "say [ WWCL Config Check ] succesfully finished" to look like this line: //wwclconfig_success " " save the file a dn then restart your server and bada bing bada boom no more message.

I tired originally to just comment out the line out but when i did that after WWCL finishies it scan i lost connection so that was no good and needed to be fixed fast :).
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Hehe :). Thanks for the tip, I think many people will want to do that.
MCP87
A regular
A regular

Post by MCP87 »

LOL i was really tired when i did that post about WWCL up there :), for instance:
Hey if any of you are running WWCL and would like to know how to get rid of that damn "Authication Finished" message that shows up after eveytime WWCL scane read on.
Should read:

Hey if any of you are running WWCL and would like to know how to get rid of that damn "Authication Finished" message that shows up after eveytime WWCL scans a client just follow the setps below.

Ok all you have to do is go into the WWCL dir, open wwwcl_ok.cfg and edit this line: wwclconfig_success "say [ WWCL Config Check ] succesfully finished" to look like this line: //wwclconfig_success " " save the file a dn then restart your server and bada bing bada boom no more message.
LOL goofy me lef the comment tag in there and some miss spellings :P

Should Read:

Ok all you have to do is go into the WWCL dir, open wwwcl_ok.cfg and edit this line: wwclconfig_success "say [ WWCL Config Check ] succesfully finished" to look like this line: wwclconfig_success " " save the file and then restart your server and bada bing bada boom no more message.