What we know for sure
1. Our server was compromised by a malicious user that proceeded to delete all files
2. We have lost new orders placed within the previous 17 hours
3. We have lost any tickets or replies submitted within the previous 17 hours
What may be at risk
1. The database appears to have been accessed
2. WHMCS.com client area passwords are stored in a hash format (as with all WHMCS installations by default) and so are safe
3. Credit card information although encrypted in the database may be at risk
4. Any support ticket content may be at risk - so if you've recently submitted any login details in tickets to us, and have not yet changed them again following resolution of the ticket, we recommend changing them now.
At this time there is still no evidence to suggest that this compromise actually originated through the WHMCS software itself. This was not merely a WHMCS system access, and since we do not provide hosting ourselves, our WHMCS is not hooked up in any way to our server.