Tribes Ascend

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
untamed316
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Tribes Ascend

Post by untamed316 »

I'm not sure if it was ever mentioned anywhere (I did a forum search) but is there any info on this game that is coming out next month? My friend has played the beta and says its fun. Since I run a VDS I am interested to hear if any info has been released regarding servers in the event I liked the game on release.
BrendanG
Staff
Staff

Re: Tribes Ascend

Post by BrendanG »

This is not a game I have heard much of anything about. I am sorry.

There may be some users on the forums though that have. Lets see what their feed back is. :D
mystical
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by mystical »

I have played the beta myself of Tribes Ascend and I will say, it is HORRIBLE.
Sim
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Sim »

Has NFO tried contacting the publisher/developer of this game to see if you will be able to offer dedicated servers and if players will be able to gain xp/rank on them.

Some of the info/rumors i have seen say players will be forced to play on centralized dedicated servers ran by the developer. Players will be able to setup private dedicated servers for competitive play in the future.
LittleB
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by LittleB »

Curious to know the answer to this as well.
Sim wrote:Has NFO tried contacting the publisher/developer of this game to see if you will be able to offer dedicated servers and if players will be able to gain xp/rank on them.

Some of the info/rumors i have seen say players will be forced to play on centralized dedicated servers ran by the developer. Players will be able to setup private dedicated servers for competitive play in the future.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I have not spoken to the developer of this game, no.
Hiew
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Hiew »

mystical wrote:I have played the beta myself of Tribes Ascend and I will say, it is HORRIBLE.
The game isn't "horrible" lol, its a well made game just a big learning curve.

Anyways back on track...I would like the option to be able to host a dedicated server on tribes as well.
ThatBum
A regular
A regular

Post by ThatBum »

I've tried it, it's pretty good. I played the first few Tribes games back in the day, and this iteration captures the fun I had with them well. The jetpack and skis are an interesting spin on the traditional FPS mechanics. Runs well clientside, and I wasn't experiencing any lag on the few servers I joined, so presumably it runs well serverside too. I didn't notice any blatant bugs or hacking while I was on, but it's still a beta, so stuff is subject to change, I suppose. I haven't tried the server software firsthand on my machine yet, too busy with college and stuff to be faffing about with more servers. :P