Halo PC

News for the main page
Edge100x
Founder
Founder
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Halo PC

Post by Edge100x »

Halo PC was released the 30th and a preliminary dedicated server program was released today. We are currently working on adding support for this game to our systems, and I would expect that support to be ready tonight or tommorrow -- meaning servers should become purchaseable in that time frame.

We're still evaluating what sort of prices will be set for this server type. Pricing will likely start high and then go down as more efficient/stable dedicated server programs are released by the authoring company.

Update @ 8:30pm Pacific

The Halo dedicated server does not currently support multihoming, multiple instances per machine, or RCON. Bungie claims that it will have a new version "in the next week or so" that addresses these issues. We will have to wait until then to make these servers available.
|dC|Havok
New to forums
New to forums

Post by |dC|Havok »

Any word on a test server Edge??? I would like to get the IP and run some tests with you.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We're still waiting on a version of Halo that supports multihoming before we can truly test it =\
|dC|Havok
New to forums
New to forums

Post by |dC|Havok »

Ok so I did my research and found that you can run 8 instances of HALO pc off one box. Problem, there is supose to be a way to assign an IP to each instance, but from what I have read in the forums it may not be working properly. In the short cut to HALO DS, if you set it up like this
("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo Server\haloded.exe" -ip xx.xx.xx.xx -port xxxx) you are supose to be able to assign a specific IP. I can;t test this out because I have cable and only one IP. Well give it a try to see if you can make it work. Also I've tested the RCON capability. It works fairly well.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

You can run multiple instances, yes, but the IP assignment is still broken.
|dC|Havok
New to forums
New to forums

Post by |dC|Havok »

Hey I was wondering if you had tried this.

E:\HaloPC\haloded.exe -exec e:\halopc\init1.txt -cpu 0 -ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xx -port xxxx

once again I can't test these things out.