Maybe I'll get a faster response on the forums...

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
Knives*
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Maybe I'll get a faster response on the forums...

Post by Knives* »

To: **********@yahoo.ca
Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 12:47 AM
Subject: [#341075] month-to-month to 3-month term

> Thanks. By the way, I am a second server admin managing the server at
> 66.150.121.87:25200 for Adrian Mendes (anogaming@gmail.com) with control
> panel access, but just not an official customer yet as I said.
>
> This was my support request concerning the 64-slot Battlefield 3
> server:https://www.nfoservers.com/support/tick ... ?id=755869
>
> Please do let me know as soon as you can if I can pay for 3-month terms. I
> would like to get it before the 20% offer runs out (coupon code AHGFFM). If
> the founder/CEO would prefer contacting me on the NFO Server forums, this is
> my registered nickname:
> Knives*

To help minimize the amount we are hit for if a purchase ends up being fraud, we have a purchase limit in place for new customers. If you exceed the purchase price limit, your subscription is automatically switched to a 1-month duration and you see an updated price and clear warning message on the order confirmation page and in the order email.

The simplest way to get around this would be to purchase the server for a month at the regular monthly price. After that month, you'd have an (albeit short) payment history with us and we can put an exception to allow you to adjust it to whatever multi-month amount you'd like through the order page.

Another way to go would be to pay with a credit/debit card, and provide this information to confirm your identity to jw@nuclearfallout.net as a single-sheet scan:

- The back of the card (showing the signature and number)
- The front of a government issued ID
- A short statement of "I authorize NFO to charge this card." and your signature

You can also fax them to: 1-206-426-5832

Please let me know how you'd like to proceed.

Thanks,
John
Founder/President
Hi John

Based on what you told me, I would like to use PayPal and purchase it for the single month (with the 20% discount) then, prior to that term ending, switch it over to 3-month payment terms (with the 20% discount applied along with the 10% additional discount for the 3-month term).

Could you please give a final confirmation that this will be acceptable? After you reply, I will go ahead with the order for the first month.

Thank you.

Cheers,

Alias:
Knives*
https://www.nfoservers.com/forums/membe ... ile&u=7700
http://www.flawclan.com
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Maybe I'll get a faster response on the forums...

Post by kraze »

Hi,

I am assuming this request is assigned to John. Anything assigned to John can take a little while to get fully wrapped up. Especially when money is involved and John needs to bypass the system. I would suggest just waiting for John's reply.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Anything that requires looking at a customer account needs to be handled privately through the support system. Posting in the forum will not speed up the processing of such a request.

I typically work from the morning (PST) through late at night (PST). If you send a reply overnight, that means I will handle it when I get in.
Knives*
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Knives* »

But I'm not a customer. I would like to be but my question hasn't been answered yet. A staff member or yourself first needs to confirm what I am asking.

Here it is again, short and sweet:
  • If I was to purchase a 64-slot server with the 20% discount applied for switching from a competitor [coupon code AHGFFM] for a 1-month term, would I be able to have that 1-month term changed to 3-month terms and keep that 20% discount with the additional 10% discount for having it changed to 3-month terms (30% total savings) for the life of the server?
Note: I will not make any changes to the server that would alter the price, thus voiding the 20% discount. I understand that changes, other than server location, would no longer make this offer applicable.

If you need me to rephase my question because you don't understand, I'll try to explain better. The 20% discount will need to be applied after switching from a 1-month term to a 3-month term after building a credit.

Thanks.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Our answer to that question depends on the individual circumstances and risk for the transaction in question, so it's customer-specific, as I said. Any exception to policy like this is going to be customer-specific.

I fully understand the situation and there is not a need to re-explain. I answered your support request over an hour before I posted here or you posted your further response. I will continue to respond more quickly through the support request system, since that is our primary support vector and it is the one I check most frequently. There is no reason for you to post further in this thread.