BF3 & Hackers

woowoo
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

BF3 & Hackers

Post by woowoo »

We have seen a major influx of hackers. Like kill you from across the map with a repair tool hacks. We are banning as fast as we can but do take the take to try to separate the talented players from the hackers.

Are others seeing this as well? What steps have you taken to address it?

We are looking at:
* Streaming but had some lag issues in the BC2 days with this approach
* Procon tools that look for kill rate patterns typical of aimbotters
* Expanding the number of servers admins with ban rights

Any other suggestions?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: BF3 & Hackers

Post by kraze »

Some users here prefer to do PB screen shots, that could be a good way to determine a hacker or not. I wouldn't suggest taking a bunch of screen shots but if you suspect someone of cheating, take a screen shot or two and have a look.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
_p1_
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by _p1_ »

Yes huge influx lately, others actually hiding and trying to 'perform well'.

We do:
1. PBBans streaming, never had issues (some hiccups but a PB restart fixed them)
2. ProCon plugin for killrate checking
3. More admins with Kick privledges (we only ban when sure, solimited to those with yrs exp at catching haxors)
4. Stat checking (accuracy,kdr %,hk%,pb checks) etc
5. PB SS reviews, admittedly I have been lax in my review of screenies lately.
woowoo
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by woowoo »

_p1_ wrote:5. PB SS reviews, admittedly I have been lax in my review of screenies lately.
Seems the majority of these that I've looked at are all black.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

woowoo wrote:
_p1_ wrote:5. PB SS reviews, admittedly I have been lax in my review of screenies lately.
Seems to be an ongoing issue with PB, In BF3 is was supposed to be better I it doesn't appear so.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Yes, there has just recently been a MAJOR influx of hackers! I literally just now banned 5 people that were blatantly hacking on our Metro server. They were all on at once and probably came as a group.

I have seriously been considering this Procon plugin but not until those modifications that I mention at the end of the thread are made. I may see if I can do it myself...http://www.phogue.net/forumvb/showthrea ... 11-BC2-BF3
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

We haven't been too bad. Lots of suspicions.

We check screenshots, but they generally come back clean.
We ban when all screenshots of a player come back black, but we have only had 1 person since the release of BF3 that had 9 black screenshots. Almost everyone has several good screenshots.

We also stream to PbBans and ACI, and only caught 2 hackers so far with PbBans.
Good sign I guess and continue to cross our fingers. lol

We use Procon and use the limiter plugin and have server restrictions for those joining.
Players with (Kdr > 2.00 & Kdr < 2.50) or (Accuracy > 20 & Accuracy < 30) or (Skill > 600 & Skill < 750) or (Spm > 500 & Spm < 750), we kick for 24hrs immediately on join in case their stats later fall within our requirements.
Players with (Kdr > 2.50) or (Accuracy > 30) or (Skill > 750) or (Spm > 750), we pb ban immediately on join.
My understanding from another site, that anyone that gets pb banned, that pb retrieves players info from your pb banlist and anyone not already globally banned are intensively scanned by pb to see if anything is up.

So far we have survived any hacker issues, but I am sure we have the odd one that does their best to fit in and not stand out.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
RadicalMode
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by RadicalMode »

same with my servers... lots of cheaters incoming.

there are many sites selling hacks and it's cheaper... BF3 has a really easy code to hack.

I suggest you to add metabans (metabans.com) and votekick/voteban.
Ironman44
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Ironman44 »

The best line of defense is a great admin team.
woowoo
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by woowoo »

Ironman44 wrote:The best line of defense is a great admin team.
While this is true, the team is getting annoyed at the volume as its seriously cutting into gaming time. That's why I'm looking at automation to reduce the volume. We are aggressively banning hackers in the hope that our servers get a reputation as a bad place to go to cheat. We are probably banning some skilled players too but work hard to sort this out later.
RadicalMode wrote:same with my servers... lots of cheaters incoming.
there are many sites selling hacks and it's cheaper... BF3 has a really easy code to hack.
I suggest you to add metabans (metabans.com) and votekick/voteban.
Metabans is in transition right now. You may want to go see the announcement on phogue's site.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain wrote:We check screenshots, but they generally come back clean.
We ban when all screenshots of a player come back black, but we have only had 1 person since the release of BF3 that had 9 black screenshots. Almost everyone has several good screenshots.

We also stream to PbBans and ACI, and only caught 2 hackers so far with PbBans.
Good sign I guess and continue to cross our fingers. lol

We use Procon and use the limiter plugin and have server restrictions for those joining.
Players with (Kdr > 2.00 & Kdr < 2.50) or (Accuracy > 20 & Accuracy < 30) or (Skill > 600 & Skill < 750) or (Spm > 500 & Spm < 750), we kick for 24hrs immediately on join in case their stats later fall within our requirements. Players with (Kdr > 2.50) or (Accuracy > 30) or (Skill > 750) or (Spm > 750), we pb ban immediately on join. My understanding from another site, that anyone that gets pb banned, that pb retrieves players info from your pb banlist and anyone not already globally banned are intensively scanned by pb to see if anything is up.

So far we have survived any hacker issues, but I am sure we have the odd one that does their best to fit in and not stand out.
I'm interested in the limiter. Although some of our members who are snipers would be auto banned on your server along with some of our pilots.

PB has auto banned several people from our servers which is good news. The worst hackers are those that have name changers. We are finding very few of the hackers names exist in battlelog. We would use something like PBBans but it lagged our server in BC2 days but are taking another look. I'm surprised at all the requirements they have now.
_p1_
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by _p1_ »

woowoo wrote:
Most of ours are fine, we have caught and got PB banned a few cheaters via screen shots alone. Didn't notice them in game so they were flying under the radar; however screen shot reviews have found a handful we submitted and got officially banned. I am sure they are back now under a different guid but hey one step at a time.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Surprisingly we haven't seen any screenshots with visable hacks.

As for clan mates being banned for pilots, snipers, etc, you can adjust the settings to what you see is acceptable gameplay settings. You can also put your members on a whitelist.

Metabans isn't BF3 ready yet, but news is it will be soon.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

I get 99% black screenshots returned from my servers anyway so I don't even bother with PBSS. I'm not sure why my servers do that while other people can get more screenshots coming back visible than black.
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

I'd say I am opposite with about 95% or more good screenshots.
I found that the settings can be touchy.
FAST
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FAST »

How we do it

1) Pbbans
2) Get fair admin
3) Allow guests report cheaters on your website.
3) Scutinize their stats.
4) PBSS

We have made a custom in-game command to allow our members take screenshots while in game.
We also have a BC2 cheat-meter developed and working for one with BF3. It gives you an indication of whether you should be suspicious of the player or not. Its not supposed to be 110% positive.

So we got an arsenal against cheaters.