Backups webhosting

Connect with other users about what to run on your webhosting (and how to run it) here.
mattb
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Backups webhosting

Post by mattb »

Questions does nfo keep/store local backups on the same machine for webhosting and do clients have access to them upon request?
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Re: Backups webhosting

Post by TimeX »

Backups are kept on different machines so that they are still available in the event of a machine failure (which is unlikely, but best to play it safe). Access is not provided, but we can generally restore files or databases on request.
TimeX
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We can't make guarantees that files and databases can be restored, but usually it is possible. The only major issue that I've run into in restoring is that innodb databases can't be brought back individually. If you have a choice of database type, choose myisam.
mattb
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by mattb »

What hardware and server type are you utilizing? Blade servers?
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

Edge100x wrote:We can't make guarantees that files and databases can be restored, but usually it is possible. The only major issue that I've run into in restoring is that innodb databases can't be brought back individually. If you have a choice of database type, choose myisam.
Yep, that's what I am using now 100% myisam.
mattb
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by mattb »

Is the webhosting you offer exactly like this http://www.gameservers.com/redirect/ service, does it cater to the same functions and able to sync files, because I know they have that specifically for redirect servers, does it matter If I just go with webhosting from nfo and it will still work the same as theirs?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

mattb wrote:Is the webhosting you offer exactly like this http://www.gameservers.com/redirect/ service, does it cater to the same functions and able to sync files, because I know they have that specifically for redirect servers, does it matter If I just go with webhosting from nfo and it will still work the same as theirs?

adding webhosting will do the exact same thing that GS redirects do. We have a system that will automatically sync files from the game server to the webhosting.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
mattb
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by mattb »

Thanks for the reply just curious as to why they say their "fast redirect" is specifically for fast downloads, and you cannot host websites, just maps, files. So I would get the webhosting lite what OS is it on?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

mattb wrote:Thanks for the reply just curious as to why they say their "fast redirect" is specifically for fast downloads, and you cannot host websites, just maps, files. So I would get the webhosting lite what OS is it on?
Most likely because it is not set up to be a webserver. I believe John runs a type of Linux for our hosted machines.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

The web hosting is on Gentoo based machines.
TimeX
mattb
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by mattb »

kraze wrote:
mattb wrote:Thanks for the reply just curious as to why they say their "fast redirect" is specifically for fast downloads, and you cannot host websites, just maps, files. So I would get the webhosting lite what OS is it on?
Most likely because it is not set up to be a webserver. I believe John runs a type of Linux for our hosted machines.
Sorry whats it setup to be just want to make sure before I buy, that it will be fast like the GS one.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

mattb wrote:
kraze wrote:
Sorry whats it setup to be just want to make sure before I buy, that it will be fast like the GS one.

I can assure you that our redirects are very fast and will easily meet if not exceed GS redirects.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

I've had NFo web hosting for a long time.
Their service is good, actually the fastest website loading!
Internap BW+routing makes sure that your website loads super fast for everyone around the globe.