Fighting Hacks

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
RexKramer
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Fighting Hacks

Post by RexKramer »

SO I guy in our guild caught got running paid hacks from Link edited by admin ( he got banned on another server by admin) So I went and read though all this stuff and found it surprising they can get around Punkbuster and screenshots from PB. Google'n it is just depressing seeing all the videos of people hacking,

What do you folks do to prevent this? I cant admin 24/7, I'm running PB but the kick thingy is off by default because of stability issues, and I run http://www.ggc-stream.com/ and am working on adding PBbans (they require run a guild w/roster and website) so I'm not there yet but looks like GCC similar.

Thanks,
Rex
---
Last edited by kraze on Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed link
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Fighting Hacks

Post by kraze »

Unfortunately in the hacking world, hack developers are always ahead of anti cheat rules..etc. Personally what I did for a server of mine was ask trusted or frequent visitors to keep an eye out. If they reported a cheater I would ban on the spot. no questions asked. Now this can be a good or bad thing but I would suggest going a route like that.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

Here's MD5 checks you can add to your servers pbsv.cfg file supplied by pbbans.
Will help to remove some hackers.

Code: Select all

[redacted due to a request from pbbans]
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
MyOdessa
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by MyOdessa »

PB has been joke since BF2. Do what kraze suggested. Ask players to post names of suspected players on your forum, and take a look at their stats. Some things can't be done consistently, like 50% + headshots, very high spm and k/d over 4, the rest is a judgment call.
GitSum
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by GitSum »

There were some pretty good tools for BC2 - it is just a matter of time before they are compatible with BF3

TeamDesFra developed the Cheat O Meter for BC2

There were a couple of plugins for Procon that were real handy - one would kick players if they were over a certain KDR and Score Per Minute. Another one (Call Admin) would email your server admins with a list of the current players and their scores if someone typed in the command

You can also manually request Punkbuster screen shots and review them
RexKramer
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by RexKramer »

Hey thanks for the tips, I was thinking anything over K/D of 4 should be looked at. Pain, PB puked up a bunch of "not_found" responses to those MD5 entries:

[redacted due to a request from pbbans]

Oh, and sorry about posting the link to the hack sight "now I know", GGC did the same thing as I posted the same question there.
rex
-----
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

MyOdessa wrote:PB has been joke since BF2. Do what kraze suggested. Ask players to post names of suspected players on your forum, and take a look at their stats. Some things can't be done consistently, like 50% + headshots, very high spm and k/d over 4, the rest is a judgment call.
Since BF2?? Try Quake 3 :lol:
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

If you add it to your pbsv.cfg file, and then in the console type pb_sv_restart, it will load the file again and include the md5 checks.

I like to also get the checks from the TWL forum, but there haven't been any posted yet.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/