Rcon help

=S= Corruptor
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Rcon help

Post by =S= Corruptor »

I am obviously a complete idiot. I do not understand how the admin Rcon commands work whatsoever. I have made some other admins with various levels of abilities on the Easy Set-Up page. I have also put in a password for the Rcon passoword that we can remember, but from here I don't know what to do. Do I type the commands in the regular chat box or the top prompt that comes up with the tilde key `? I have tried both and get errors. I have read through the PDF's etc and get no where. All I get is Unknown Console Command....blah blah "Type 'list" etc. Can you please help? What do I need to do to get this to work for me? Thank You. I have spent hrs reading and can't find the for Dummies version of this stuff.. :/ Delete this post if you find it annoying and/or redundant..
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Rcon help

Post by Edge100x »

You can type our commands (!kick, !map, etc) into chat or the rcon tool on the "Server control" page. Rcon commands included with the game need to be sent to it through the rcon tool.
Colt
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Colt »

I'm not sure ours is working.

Edit... its not working through chat, but working through my control panel.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

If it doesn't work through chat, double-check to make sure that your name is in the admin list. Make sure it has the correct case, because case matters.
FrostyMUGSF
New to forums
New to forums

Post by FrostyMUGSF »

i got the same issue. commands in console work fine but in game chat commands do not. i have checked many times to make sure all the names are listed properly with the correct case. any idea?
zaNe
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by zaNe »

If you use clantags in game dont include the clan tag in the Control Panel.

Ive added my name and one other players, and our admin commands work fine, commands such as !nextmap !kick !ban etc.
FrostyMUGSF
New to forums
New to forums

Post by FrostyMUGSF »

yeah i haven't included any clan tags at all. right now i just have me and the two main admin's for the community set up atm and still nothing. i have tried !nextmap !kick !ban in all 3 chats and i get nothing. i know it won't say so and so is kicked but even when i try kick per say that person is still there. i've put in our battlelog names which i believe is correct. do you have to do it !kick "playername" with the quotes to make it work?
zaNe
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by zaNe »

I don't know if you "have to" use quotes. I generally use them regardless, so I can't say it was the specific reason to get it to work. I would suggest trying it if you haven't though.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Quotes aren't needed.

If you contact us through "Help!" and let me know the server identifier and user typing the command, I can look at the admin daemon log to see what it is saying about your commands.