Problem setting up MySQL

Connect with other users about what to run on your webhosting (and how to run it) here.
MiddleEarth
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Problem setting up MySQL

Post by MiddleEarth »

Until now, I've been hosting MySQL locally on my laptop for the plugins on my Minecraft server. Being that it's impractical to always need my laptop on, I decided to utilize my server plans webhosting setup. Upon direction, I used the phpMyAdmin autoinstaller and then created some databases and imported some tables from my local MySQL setup. I've configured the plugin config.yml's accordingly but they don't seem to be working in game. Not too sure what I'm doing wrong and would like some assistance, possibly on TeamViewer. Thanks.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Problem setting up MySQL

Post by Edge100x »

Are you seeing any errors spitting out in your server's console (or server.log file)?
MiddleEarth
New to forums
New to forums

Post by MiddleEarth »

No, that's why I'm confused because it's as if everything is working properly. I think it may be something to do with the fact that in phpMyAdmin, it lists the names of the databases without the bannedofbrothers_ prefix, yet the only way they work in the plugin config.yml's is to do it without the prefix so I'm not sure how to go about it.
MiddleEarth
New to forums
New to forums

Post by MiddleEarth »

Also, when I log in to phpMyAdmin, under MySQL Localhost it says "No privileges", even though I am the primary user.
MiddleEarth
New to forums
New to forums

Post by MiddleEarth »

Would my webhosting plan be on a separate address to my game address? I'm about to see if localhost works in the config files; if not I will revert to the specific webhosting address and come back with the results.
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

The MySQL database is indeed at a different address on a different machine, so localhost will not work on the game server.
TimeX
MiddleEarth
New to forums
New to forums

Post by MiddleEarth »

TimeX wrote:The MySQL database is indeed at a different address on a different machine, so localhost will not work on the game server.
Yup, that was one of my trial and error episodes, my fears were answered. I've managed to figure it out now though, so thanks for the help and feel free to lock/delete this thread so others can get the help they need.
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

We'll leave it up so others can learn from it too. :wink:
TimeX