New VDS Unable to access internet

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
darknavi
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

New VDS Unable to access internet

Post by darknavi »

Hey guys, I just upgraded/moved locations and my Windows Server 2008 R2 is unable to access the internet. I can access it though VNC, but the server it's self cannot connect to the internet. The error says:

"Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (DNS server) is not responding."

Any help? I can't access it through Remote Desktop either.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: New VDS Unable to access internet

Post by Edge100x »

If you just changed locations, our system would have emailed you instructions like this, as well as posted them to your control panel's "Events log" page:
* Removed x ips. Please remove these from the network configuration for the OS you are running through your VDS:

x.x.x.x

* Added 1 ips. Please add these to the network configuration for the OS you are running through your VDS (with a gateway of x.x.x.x):

x.x.x.x, with netmask x.x.x.x
You must do this for your existing server to be able to use the internet again.

Alternately, if you are thinking of wiping your hard drive clean anyway, you could reinstall the OS.
darknavi
New to forums
New to forums

Post by darknavi »

Hmm, I did that, and it SAYS it is connected to the internet now, but I can't load any web pages or connect via remote desktop.

Side note: the DNS server address is asking me to do it manually, is there anything I should put in there?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Sometimes Windows deletes the DNS server entries for no apparent reason, so you should go into the network configuration and double-check those.

When specifying the DNS server entries on your machine, you can use any public DNS servers. We recommend using the University of Washington's, which have IPs 128.95.120.1 and 128.95.112.1.
darknavi
New to forums
New to forums

Post by darknavi »

Amazing. <3

Thanks John! Have a great weekend!