BC2/BF3/MoH/MoHW admin daemon feedback

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
thakaree
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: BC2 admin daemon feedback

Post by thakaree »

tHaKaREe: !move thak 4 1
Server: You specified invalid team/squad numbers for the player(s) you are moving.
tHaKaREe: !move thak 4
Server: You specified invalid team/squad numbers for the player(s) you are moving.
tHaKaREe: 4 4
tHaKaREe: !move thak 4 4
tHaKaREe: !move thak 4 3
tHaKaREe: !move thak 3 1
tHaKaREe: !move thak 3 2
Server: Scoring disabled due to too few players
I tried several combinations...thanks

Its really no big deal Im just trying to avoid using procon etc..I really appreiciate your guys service...
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Ah, ok.

I think that I didn't make that function with SDM in mind, so it only understands the standard two-team arrangement. I will work on modifying it for you.
thakaree
New to forums
New to forums

Post by thakaree »

I thought that may be why... thanks a lot for everything
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

This should work for you now. !scramble still only recognizes two teams, as that will be a less simple change.
thakaree
New to forums
New to forums

Post by thakaree »

Appreciated and Good work on the admin tool it is very useful...
Big_Guy21
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Big_Guy21 »

Any chance you could add a second ban command to ban by PB GUID and include the player name in the ban command so that it shows up on the server banlist as well?

Also, the !scramble command doesn't necessarily put the same number of players on each team. Some times it will put 10v10, others 18v2. Not sure why.
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

The current !ban command bans by both the games built in method and by Punkbuster as well if it is enabled. I'll have to let John respond about adding the player name as well, since the game/Punkbuster may not allow this.

The !scramble command is completely random and not designed to necessarily make the teams even, so this is normal behavior.
TimeX
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Right now, banning executes commands:

punkBuster.pb_sv_command pb_sv_ban "playername"
banList.add guid "playerguid" perm "reason"

Where "playername" and "playerguid" are what the game returned as any matching player's exact name and GUID, and "reason" is the reason given by the admin.

The banning by GUID in the game is necessary to prevent players from just coming back as different names, but you could leave their name in the reason code to make it easier to find and remove later.

I've fixed up !scramble now so that it should make the teams even.
Ghost
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Ghost »

Wasn't Sure where to put this

Can there be a Automated Restart function

Daily Restart (yes/no)
Time Variable (24hr clock)
TimeZone (EST unchangable?)

Maybe check and see if theres any client connected to the server before executing?

Another handy Automated Function ( which may already exist)

Automatic restart if the server goes down, or can't except client connections?

What you think?

Thank You

Ghost
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

Our automated systems already provide many of these functions for all game servers. Specifically, our automated daily restart script checks to see if the server had been restarted that day by other means, and if it has not, it checks every five minutes waiting for the server to be empty before restarting it. If it never has a chance, and the server had not been restarted since midnight the day before, it will force restart the server at 7am even if there are players on it.

The entire script can be disabled by us, and just the forced restart at 7am portion can be disabled by us. The default for BC2 and MoH is to have the main script on, but the forced restart off. All other game types have both options enabled by default. Also, times are local to the server location.

We also have a system in place that checks for servers that are not responding. If a server is found to be not responding for a few moments, and it was not intentionally shut down from the control panel, our systems perform an automated restart. If the server still does not respond after another few moments, our standard server repair script is run to correct any possible configuration errors. This system is also on by default for all game servers and can be disabled by us if needed.
TimeX
Sim
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Sim »

Can you do anything about the autobalance taking forever to balance the teams?
When teams are unbalanced by 6players it takes a long time for it to finally balance the teams.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Unfortunately the regular autobalancer is built into the game and we don't have any control over how it works. But, you can manually balance the teams yourself using the !scramble command, if you'd like. This will kill and move players to make the teams evenly split.
psiablo
New to forums
New to forums

Post by psiablo »

Hey John.
I was wondering if you could give me an idea of how exactly your running the admin daemon. I have been working on building out my own rcon tools for our new website, and have been wanting to built out some additional functionality like player stats etc. This really isn't possible unless I can capture events, which... can't be done with PHP. I assume your daemon is using Python, and I was wondering if you could confirm that.

If so, I was wondering if you would be willing to share some source code so I might see how I can get started out building out a custom daemon.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I wrote ours in Perl completely from scratch, following the protocol specifications. You should be able to emulate it in PHP, as well, and capturing events just requires keeping a connection open and handling data that the server is sending you (using select() and recv(), etc).

I can't provide source code right now, no :).
thakaree
New to forums
New to forums

Post by thakaree »

I was wondering, I read through this whole forum but couldn't find anything...

Does the !tban command take any paramenters...

for instance minutes or rounds

so ban someone for a certain amount of minutes or rounds...