Homefront

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Homefront

Post by Edge100x »

Nod. Breach is crazy because it's tickless and just gobbles down an entire core (or at least it did when I tested it). All other modern servers run at a fixed tickrate/FPS, with the standard being around 30.
Alex
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Alex »

Did they say how the server files will be distributed? Like will it be via steam hldsupdatetool or do we have to copy the game files like COD?

Just curious.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I'm under NDA right now and can't discuss details, but they should be making answers to many questions available shortly :).
Alex
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Alex »

Ah, thanks John.

I am just curious. I really want to get those dedicated server files on my box early.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

I'm not under an NDA and can tell you, you will find the server files when they are released in the Tools section of Steam. You do not need Steam running to run the server. The files will not be released for a couple of weeks, around April Fools Day. Only the select few GSP's have them now, while they "stress test" the servers.
CrazyCro
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by CrazyCro »

OK HomeFront is out..... I have a few Q's

1. What does NFOservers offer with the game homefront? Meaning....Will I have a easy setup admins like Bad Company2?

2. Why does it cost so much with NFO for HomeFront slots vs other GSP'S?
Alex
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Alex »

CrazyCro wrote:OK HomeFront is out..... I have a few Q's

1. What does NFOservers offer with the game homefront? Meaning....Will I have a easy setup admins like Bad Company2?

2. Why does it cost so much with NFO for HomeFront slots vs other GSP'S?
1. It depends on where you are comming from, the NFO panel is different. Its not bad in any way, just different. It should have all the functionality that you find in other hosts, It is pretty easy to use though.

2. NFO is one of the best providers, you pay for quality. I have never had any problems with NFO servers, they cost more because NFO does not overload their boxes, and makes sure that all servers are working with enough resources to spare if your server gets full.

I have been with a LOT of providers, and despite what you may think about nfo being over priced, they really aren't, other companies tend screw you over with low prices, but really crappy support and resources, NFO does neither.

I am currently not with NFO, but as someone who currently manages his servers, I would choose nfo always.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Thanks, Alex :).

Many GSPs out there don't even have Homefront customers yet, and don't understand the resources that it uses. It really does use at least double the CPU power that a BC2, TF2, CoD4, or other server uses, and our prices reflect these additional hardware requirements.

Our costs, and consequently prices, relate to a number of factors, including:

- The CPU usage, which determines how many servers we can put onto a single box, which in turn relates to how much our up-front hardware costs will be, as well as our monthly power and physical space usage
- The bandwidth cost
- The cost (in terms of employee time) spent supporting the game

Our bandwidth costs decrease on a per-megabit basis as we grow and use more, but hardware costs grow linearly.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

As far as the control panel, right now we are limited by Kaos and can only offer access to one file (the game's main configuration file, where a few basic settings and the map cycle are set). I am working on updates to support an Easy setup page, but have not yet finished those adjustments.
CrazyCro
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by CrazyCro »

THANK YOU Alex and Edge for all that info.
Now I understand.
Sim
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Sim »

What do we edit to run only one game mode?
Trying to do maps only with Battle Command and capture points only.

Does this look right for capture point and Battle Command?
[customplaylist]
Map=fl-angelisland?GameMode=FL,BC
Map=fl-crossroads?GameMode=FL,BC
Map=fl-culdesac?GameMode=FL,BC
Map=fl-farm?GameMode=FL,BC
Map=fl-harbor?GameMode=FL,BC
Map=fl-lowlands?GameMode=FL,BC
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

Yep, that is the way to do it.
TimeX
Sim
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Sim »

Are we able to have access to server logs?
The reason i ask is due to all the hackers in this game now.

Does it make a banlist.cfg when we ban someone, will it show up in the cpanel?
Are we able to ban ip's?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Right now, we're only allowed by Kaos to offer access to that DedicatedPlaylist file =\.

Bans are still a work in progress for the game. I'm told that a new patch should be out soon to make them actually work right.
Sim
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Sim »

I see they have released dedicated server files, does that mean we can have FTP access now?

How can we tell if the server is recording a demo, i enabled it but i don't see any new files under "File Manager". Do you know how we can make a banlist, i don't see default ban list. (wanted to add the GBL to our server)

I know Homefront is dying, but it would be nice to get the server side demo recording working in case our server does see some traffic.