Homefront

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
Sim
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Homefront

Post by Sim »

Will NFO be supporting this game when its released?
The developers of Homefront are trying to reach all GSP's, i seen a post asking people to post favorite GSP's so they can reach out to them.

If NFO is able can you ask them to please allow us higher max player slots. The developers have said its no fun playing with over 32slots but i think it should be up to us to decide that.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Homefront

Post by Edge100x »

We were contacted by the Homefront guys and returned an NDA that they requested. We are awaiting further communication from them.
CactusJab
A regular
A regular

Post by CactusJab »

NICE!!!
that would be sweet. i have been certain that i ill b hosting a homefront server.
played the Alpha durnig development and have been a big Frontlines: fuel of war fan.

im psyched out :lol:
CactusJab
A regular
A regular

Post by CactusJab »

Anyword yet?
i have noticed many game hosting sites out there are starting to advertise the fact that they will be a provider. (hosts that are not as great)
is there any word yet on whether NFO will be a provider?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

There is a very high likelihood that this game will be compatible with our systems and that we will be able to offer it as a result. However, we have not received the files to test it directly yet, so we aren't able to fully confirm or to offer preorders.

No other GSP has been able to test the files yet, either, so anything that you see is premature. This is probably why you only see rookie providers mentioning that they will offer it so far :).
Alex
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Alex »

Any idea if they are using the ranked server method? Or allowing public server files like CS:S?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I believe they said that all servers would be ranked. I don't know yet whether they'll be publicly available (as with CoD4 and most other games) or restricted to certain providers (as with the BF games).
Sim
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Sim »

Will a Dedicated Server Executable be provided?
Definitely, we’ve been listening to what the PC audience is looking for and that file will be provided for use. We know it’s been disappearing from the FPS space and want to support the core PC gamer where we can. We need to test the dedicated server infrastructure at ship with the influx of traffic and bug reporting, so we plan to release this within two weeks of the PC title hitting shelves.
Source
If i read that correct we should see dedicated files anyone can download two weeks after game is released.
GSP's that contacted them about hosting this game should have the files before the game is launched.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Yes that sounds about right.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
CrazyCro
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by CrazyCro »

First Person Vehicle Cockpits
The PC version of HOMEFRONT will support first person perspectives for each vehicle type. This includes additional artwork in the form of detailed vehicle interiors and fine-tuned effects for the first person views.

There is different sound assets/sound processing in order to make sounds heard while inside vehicles more realistic.

Players will be able to toggle between third and first person viewpoints while inside vehicles.
http://thqinc.cachefly.net/homefront/sc ... NT-1P1.jpg
http://thqinc.cachefly.net/homefront/sc ... NT-1P2.jpg
http://thqinc.cachefly.net/homefront/sc ... NT-1p3.jpg

Vehicle positions

Humvee (High Mobility Multi-purpose Wheeled Vehicle)

· Driver
· Gunner
· Passenger front
· Passenger rear left
· Passenger rear right
LAV (Light Armored Vehicle)

· Driver
· Main gunner
· Passenger 1
· Passenger 2

M1A3 Tank & Type 99 Tank

· Driver/Main gunner
· Secondary gunner

AH-64 Apache Helicopter & Z-10 Helicopter

· Pilot
· Gunner

Scout Helicopter

· Pilot
· Co-pilot(recon/spot position)

Practice Map

http://thqinc.cachefly.net/homefront/sc ... icemap.jpg
A practice map is available via the Main Multiplayer menu. The practice map allows individual players the opportunity to hone their skills before jumping into a multiplayer match. Players do not have the restriction of Battle Points, nor will there be a limit to vehicle spawns. This a great place to practice: Helicopter maneuvering and strafing runs, landing air-strikes, or even just a quick way to check on video and control settings.

Clan Support

http://thqinc.cachefly.net/homefront/sc ... upport.jpg
Players can use Steam groups to manage your clan. Once you create a group, go into the game and choose which group you want to play as. This group will show up as part of your name as well as a unique identifier in the scoreboard. We offer clan support with the following features:

· Players can associate a clan tag with themselves via the options menus. Clan tags will be prefixed to player names in matches.

These tags are linked to the steam groups that the player belongs to.

· The game browser allows players to sort games by the number of their clan-mates/friends present in each game.

· We have built in extensive dedicated server support, such that clan servers can be sufficiently managed.

· We have incorporated a robust demo recording interface which will allow clans to record their matches, useful in competitive game-play scenarios.

Demo Recording
In an effort to fully support competitive gaming, we will be providing the community with the necessary tools to prevent cheating during sanctioned online and LAN games.

Beyond the prevention of cheating, demo recording has other useful applications in competitive game-play scenarios, such as determining rule violations, settling match disputes, and clan strategizing.

HOMEFRONT demo recording is fully hardwired without the need of a console. This will include the implementation of specific in-menu UI to access a pre-recorded demo directory, whereby a user will choose which demo they wish to playback. This directory will be saved locally on a user’s PC.

Statistic tracking
http://thqinc.cachefly.net/homefront/sc ... fstats.jpg
Per-player statistics that are tracked are:

· Time Played
· Level
· Kills
· Deaths
· Wins
· Losses
· Average Lifespan
· Total XP
· Clan Tag
· Achievements
· Challenges

Per Weapon Stats (Primary, Pistol, Grenades, Knife)
Kills; Deaths; Shots Fired; Shots Hit; Headshots; Time Played; Vehicles Destroyed

Per Special Weapon Stats
Drones - Kills; Shots Fired; Shots Hit; Vehicles Destroyed; Uses

Air Strikes - Kills; Uses

Launchers - Kills; Deaths; Shots Fired; Shots Hit; Time Played; Vehicles Destroyed

Per Vehicle Stats

Road kills; Time Played; Gun Kills; Gun Shots Fired; Gun Shots Hit; Gun Vehicles Destroyed; Shell/Rocket Kills; Shell/Rocket Shots Fired; Shell/Rocket Shots Hit; Shell/Rocket Vehicles Destroyed

Infantry/Vehicle Loadouts: The player's current setup for their customizable infantry/vehicle loadouts

HOMEFRONT UI
http://thqinc.cachefly.net/homefront/sc ... rontui.jpg
From Breck Campbell (Lead UI Artist):

Our goal was to develop a PC specific user interface that was
comfortable and familiar enough to hard-core players of the genre, but
clean and well-organized so as not to turn away new players to the
franchise. We made note of a number of benchmarks, followed their lead
when they did it right, and made improvements where we saw opportunity,
or where new conventions had evolved.

We took inventory of all features that were considered standard on PC,
what was lacking, and what were wish-list items. Console UI tends to be
less content-heavy and can afford more playfulness with their visual
style, but on PC we tended to strip away a number of visual style
elements unless they could serve specific purposes. Marketing also
weighs in heavy on the over-all look, so finding balance between these
is what shaped the final Homefront PC UI.

Join Game and Create Game screens were completely specific to PC, so
following best practices in grouping features (such as buttons and
widgets) and filtering content (such as servers and maps in lists) was
important. An interactive breadcrumb trail helped to clean up the front
end UI screens and allowed more space for screen content, while
providing the user with a quicker, alternative means of navigation. Most
players favored large, easy-to-target buttons. Another priority was to
have a well-organized, customizable keybinds screen that didn't feel
like an after-thought. At the end of the day smart groupings and simple
layouts were the goal.

In-game map
We have provided a functionality that will allow the player to view a map of the battlefield at any time during game-play.

Battle chat
http://thqinc.cachefly.net/homefront/sc ... tchat1.jpg
Battle chat is accessible via a bound control. Through the interaction of a context sensitive button, a radial menu appears on the HUD which allows players to issue specific commands (see command list below) to their squad or team via Fire and Zoom, defaulted to left and right mouse click (though, this can be mapped to a player’s individual needs). Alternatively, by tapping the Battle Chat button, a player can issue commands from the default look option by targeting a specific object within the reticule. This functionality allows players the freedom to move while issuing commands.

With the radial menu open, players can issue the commands by navigating their cursor to the desired command on the perimeter of the menu, with the center dynamic command menu allocated for spotting. Dynamic commands are dependent on what is being targeted. If, for instance, an enemy vehicle is targeted in the middle of the menu, a visual notification (text) is displayed that an enemy vehicle has been spotted. If the same player has targeted a friendly vehicle, the centre option then becomes a Wait/Pick-up command. In the event that a player issues a command to a squad mate, visual notification (text) will appear onscreen which indicates that a command has been issued to them. In addition, all commands incorporate as many variations of audio commands as needed.

Radial Menu Commands

The following is a list of radial menu communication/commands (assuming communication options are mapped to left/right mouse click). This also includes the on-screen-text to be displayed (OST):

Fire
Squad chat (send command to squad only)
Clicking left mouse button would engage chat with entire squad. This option would not be available if player existed in squad alone, only team chat would be accessible in this scenario.
Zoom
Team chat (send command to entire team)
Clicking right mouse button engages chat with entire team
Advance (requests that squad/team mate advance forward from current position)
OST - “Move forward”
Retreat (requests that squad/team mate fall back of current position)
OST - “Fall back”
Hold (requests that squad/team mate hold current position)
OST - “Hold position”
Follow (requests that squad/team mate follow player’s position)
OST - “Follow me”
Backup (requests that player requires backup from squad/team mates)
OST - “Need backup”
Yes (player confirmation/consent of squad/team mate action/request)
OST - “Affirmative”
No (player refusal/denial of squad/team mate action/request)
OST - “Negative”
Spot (confirms that player has spotted enemy)
OST - “Enemy spotted”
OST - “Enemy Armor spotted”
OST – “Enemy LAV spotted”
OST – “Enemy Humvee spotted”
OST - “Enemy Heli spotted”
OST – “Enemy Ground Drone spotted”
OST – “Enemy Air Drone spotted”
Pickup/Wait (requests that player requires squad/team mate pickup - to be a target specific request).
OST - “Requesting pickup”
OST – “Wait”

Audio Barks
Commands, issued via the radial menu or quick spot, are accompanied by its own unique audio bark. Players will hear the bark dependant on the allocation of the command (either squad or team). Each bark is accompanied by its respective on-screen-text, displayed above the mini-map on the in-game screen.

Icons
In the event that a player engages teammates with one of the above-mentioned requests or actions, a simple/generic icon will appear above that player’s head to communicate that a request or action has been issued. This request or action will also be reflected on the mini-map via the player icon for a short period of time.
Icons located on mini map will represent all friendlies and enemies:

· Light blue indicates player’s current squad mates
· Green indicates non-squad teammates
· Red indicates enemy

· To avoid onscreen confusion and clutter, a player will not see the nameplates of other non-squad teammates or enemies on active game-play screen unless within player FOV (Field of View).
· Once spotted, icons on mini map will reflect enemy position with the appropriate icon (dependent on what was spotted). A timer is utilized to reveal an enemies position for two seconds.
· Light blue will always indicate all squad mates and green for non-squad teammates.

Squad Switching
Squad Switching

A screen listing all of the players on the user’s team will be shown, sorted by squad allocation. Squad allocation headings will be shown above each list of players in a squad. When a squad heading is clicked by the user, the user will join that squad.

The Squad Browser will be accessible to players at any time during game play, as well as within the spawn menu. This will allow players the freedom to switch squads at anytime. We will allow a maximum of 16 squads per team. There will be no limit or predetermined number of squads or player counts. An additional empty squad will always be available to players in the event that they wish to play alone or in a smaller squad

In addition to the above-mentioned flexibility, the player who creates a squad initially (Squad Administrator) will have the ability to lock and unlock their respective squad.

Squad Based VOIP

Game modes such as death match do not require the need for team based communication but for team based gameplay, where we have a maximum of sixteen players on either side, team/squad-based communication is provided.

Audio is broadcasted to members of a squad regardless of their proximity to a squad mate. Any squad consisting of more than one player has the ability to communicate player to player as needed. This allows individual members of a squad the freedom to move to a specific location, organize and communicate game-play strategies, without the restriction of audio proximity.

Example: A group of four players forms a squad. They enter the match and decide to split-up and take positions on either side of the map. Despite their relative distance from one another, inter-squad communication will always remain intact. This will allow the squad to organize and communicate game-play strategies without the restriction of proximity-based communication.
Note: non-squad voice chat will only be supported at the end of a round while in the scoreboard.
Controls – Joystick Support

We have strived to implement the most commonly used control peripherals in our PC control setup and support, including:
· Keyboard support
· Mouse support
· Microsoft common controller
· Generic PC gamepads
· Generic PC joystick (and other joystick-like hardware)

It will be possible to bind controls, and tune controller sensitivity via the control binding screen.
Competition Features

These are the current features in Homefront that allow for clan matches/league competitive play:
· Demo Recording
· Intermission timer (Currently 60 seconds but are working to make this a setting in the console of the server and be variable.)
· Console ability to switch members to a team. Ability to swap teams as a player as well.
· Support for Clan Tags.
· Support for private dedicated servers.
· RCON Access
· Ability to make a admin (or anyone) a spectator via console.
· Ability to turn on and off auto-balance.

· Ability to run the server in “Mixed Mode” with maps from the TDM or GC in rotation.

LAN Play / Valve Anti-Cheat / SLI / Crossfire, 3d Vision
http://thqinc.cachefly.net/homefront/sc ... /hflan.jpg

Default Control Layout
Download Control PDF HERE
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Thanks for that! Good information :)
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
CrazyCro
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by CrazyCro »

I'm here to help! :lol:
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Any info yet?

I just finished downloading Homefront about an hour ago. Never did hear form KAOS about being able to run a server. Very disappointing.

Would it be possible to have the server installed on our dedi box prior to release? I am anxious to see how this thing performs on our box. :-)
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Due to NDA, I can't reveal details on the dedicated server yet, beyond what is already publicly released =\.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Game finally went gold, which is about time. I have the game files, did they even send you the dedi files yet so you can test them out? Friggin KAOS are a very irritating bunch. Trying to get answers from any of those clowns is almost impossible. Makes me start feeling very wary when I cant seem to get answers to very basic questions.

For those interested, I can confirm from the game download, there are definitely 7 MP maps. The map Suburb is in the mix as well, however I had read that was an XBox360 exclusive, so not sure what that is about. Possibly an unlock in the future?