BC2/BF3/MoH/MoHW admin daemon feedback

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
Surf314
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: BC2 admin daemon feedback

Post by Surf314 »

Don't mean to be a bother but there are some commands in here from Guardian you might want to consider adding. Some of them are open to all players like a next map query that just tells the player what the next map is.

For admin commands the ones I'd like to see are warn, flashes a warning and after 3 tbans the player. And the other is admin only chat that only sends messages to those on the admin list.
Surf314
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Surf314 »

Also a set next map command would be amazing. Instead of switching immediately to the map it just changes the next map to whatever you set.
disconnect
A regular
A regular

Post by disconnect »

Hey Edge,

I got a quick question related to the custom map cycler. Lets say I have the following set up;

Rush Random 2
Rush Random 2
Conquest Random 2
Conquest Random 2

Does the cycler have the smarts to know what map was played last so they dont play the same two rush or conquest maps back to back? I would like to set it up so its rush, rush, conquest, conquest.

I realize making a giant static list is an option, but having it random is appealing :)

Thanks
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

disconnect wrote:Does the cycler have the smarts to know what map was played last so they dont play the same two rush or conquest maps back to back? I would like to set it up so its rush, rush, conquest, conquest.
Yes, it does have a little intelligence in this respect. In random mode, it won't let the same map + mode run twice in a row, so you wouldn't have Panama Canal on Conquest twice, for instance.

Also, thanks for all the feedback, guys. I will be working on many of these features for the next iteration :).
jasonelmore
A regular
A regular

Post by jasonelmore »

How hard would it be to make a few more events in your Automatic Server Messages. Such as "on killstreak". I've seen a few servers that have Killstreaks

When a player has 5 kills without dying, it displays "EXAMPLE TEXT"

I've got a few events that the server protocol currently outputs

Killstreaks- be able to set killstreak increments and message displayed say/yell options

Deathstreak-see above

Not in a Squad- Be able to input message if they are in squad 0

First Kill- Displays a message to the player who gets the first kill

I dont know if the protocol tells the server which class the user is, but that would be a cool option as well, but it would be a bit complicated.

On Class Change- displays a message to users if they change to recon or any other class

ex.. Player changes class to recon, message displayed "There are already 10 Recon On your team" LOL

just some suggestions.

Jason Elmore
BadCompanyTwo.com
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

None of those are events output by the server, so if you're seeing them in a tool, they're being emulated.

Anything that requires state is necessarily going to be complicated to add to the admin daemon, since right now it is nearly stateless (storing only the name of the next map). I will look into this a bit when I have the chance, though.
Sim
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Sim »

Are we able to do !tban soldier-name 1400 ?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

The current format for that command is !tban name, and when used, it issues a five-minute ban.
mickey
New to forums
New to forums

Post by mickey »

It would be nice if we had a "high ping kick setting", I have been using Guardian for this on our server but if we had a kicker on the server it would be very nice. We get a lot of players from around the world with very high pings.
Sim
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Sim »

Edge100x wrote:The current format for that command is !tban name, and when used, it issues a five-minute ban.
I know the command and its only 5mins, but i was wondering if we could have the option to set how many minutes to ban for.

example:
!tban Edge100x 1440 (would be a 24hr ban)
Sim
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Sim »

mickey wrote:It would be nice if we had a "high ping kick setting", I have been using Guardian for this on our server but if we had a kicker on the server it would be very nice. We get a lot of players from around the world with very high pings.
Players with high pings don't cause the game server to lag.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I know the command and its only 5mins, but i was wondering if we could have the option to set how many minutes to ban for.
It's something I can look into.
!tban Edge100x 1440 (would be a 24hr ban)
:(

Re: High ping kicker, I haven't heard a lot of calls for this, but I can investigate whether it'd be an easy add.
REVOS
New to forums
New to forums

Post by REVOS »

Have noticed a few things, just wanted to let you know about them...

Have had the auto-balance scramble the teams mid-map, on it's own when they where off by 1 or 2.

Have had the scramble command set teams to 15 vs 8.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

REVOS wrote:Have had the auto-balance scramble the teams mid-map, on it's own when they where off by 1 or 2.
The game controls the auto-balancer and right now it doesn't do a great job =\. This is supposed to be improved in the new version that will be released soon.
Have had the scramble command set teams to 15 vs 8.
Right now, !scramble is totally random, so in some circumstances it can result in uneven teams. I will look into an adjustment that makes it pick them in such a way that it's still mostly random but more even.
abcclanadmin
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by abcclanadmin »

When will you add support for the new maps added as a result of the new patch?