Server rentals :: NFOservers.com

Forums

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: this is dumb
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:18 pm 
New to forums
New to forums

ok i wanted all my data as of right now in my server to be erased and i have to wait till its 4:30 because "its due to usage, we keep such things until usage is down so its not too disruptive" cant see still why it cant be reset now. now i have to stay up until 4:30 am and then load all my plugins back into the server thanks.

:evil: :cry:

Post subject: Re: this is dumb
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:38 pm 
Founder
Founder

Unfortunately, server resets are disruptive to other servers on the machine with the server that is being reset, due to OS limitations. We have tried to find ways around this and haven't been able to. To keep performance high for everyone during important (peak) hours, we therefore choose to do resets in the morning.

Whoever helped you must have meant either 4am or 5am, because our automatic system does not support non-hourly times. If you'd prefer, we can change this to something later in the morning, such as 9am, so that it is easier for you to work with (at 9am, usage is still very low). Please email us at rentals@nuclearfallout.net if you would prefer this.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:55 pm 
New to forums
New to forums

no ty it is ok, but why would it take so much usage i just want it to be like a just bought server

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:56 pm 
Founder
Founder

To get to the bottom of this, I discussed it with the team and took a look at the chat log. I won't post it here unless necessary, but in the log our staffmember asked if the 4am time worked for you, and you said that it was fine. It would have been best if you had voiced your dissatisfaction at that time so that he could have immediately worked with you on this.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:59 pm 
Founder
Founder

With a reset, all files must be deleted and then the server must be recreated from scratch. Although both can cause some lag for other servers, it is not so much the creation part that we worry about, but the deletion part. Deletions seem to cause more file system lag, and, additionally, if a file is in use by another server when it is deleted for your server, this can lead to the other server behaving unpredictably.