A Few Q's For You's

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
SilentSound
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

A Few Q's For You's

Post by SilentSound »

Hey guys, I am researching into getting a new server host for my clan, seeing as my current host keeps messing up and its driving me insane. I have heard good things about NFO from a wide range of people and its aparent to me that you NFO has made a good impression of quality servers, and seeing as i am looking to get a new host for my clan's public & private server, ventrilo and web i thought i should look into you guys.
So here it goes.

1) Can NFO install mani-admin mod for me or is that something i must go about doing?

2)Would you recommend getting hyperaccelerator for a CS: S server? i remember reading about a 100tick cap, so i was wondering if i should just go with the level 1 like i had planned or if it would be worth the extra fro level 2.

these are the two questions i have for you as of now, as time goes on i will most likly be posting more.
thanks for your help in advance.
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Re: A Few Q's For You's

Post by Nick|NFo »

SilentSound wrote:1) Can NFO install mani-admin mod for me or is that something i must go about doing?
When your server is online, please come onto live chat (on the control panel) and request it. Tell us which mani you would like installed (beta or latest non beta) and we'll do a default install.
SilentSound wrote:2)Would you recommend getting hyperaccelerator for a CS: S server? i remember reading about a 100tick cap, so i was wondering if i should just go with the level 1 like i had planned or if it would be worth the extra fro level 2.
A lot of people love the hyperaccelerated CS:S server, but it all comes down to your preference and how much of a concern it is for cost. If you want the best possible server, then hyperaccelerated CS:S would be our highest quality. The level 1 accelerator allows for 100 tickrate as well, just lower fps server side (250).
-Nick
SilentSound
New to forums
New to forums

Post by SilentSound »

Well cost is not really an issue, but in one of the forums i was reading that something by one of the NFO staff saying that it is pointless to have FPS higher then your server Tick rate because you can suffer from slower registration due to it. This is why i was asking if it was worth paying extra??

Also what are the differences between the mani mods, i will admit i am a noob at running servers. I just recently got into it around 2 months ago, so i still have alot to learn. Especially cause i have only been playing CS for around 3-4 months. so if you could help me out that would be sweet.

By the way, amazing response time to my questions i was expecting to wait at least a day or two, but next day respones. You guys do live up to your rep :D
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

SilentSound wrote:Well cost is not really an issue, but in one of the forums i was reading that something by one of the NFO staff saying that it is pointless to have FPS higher then your server Tick rate because you can suffer from slower registration due to it. This is why i was asking if it was worth paying extra??
You need the higher FPS to support the 100 tickrate and other gameplay along with the bonus of decreased latency ingame. Increasing your FPS would not have any ill effects like slower registration, it is actually the opposite. You always want a gameserver to have higher FPS server side rather than something low, ie. a basic default server.
SilentSound wrote:Also what are the differences between the mani mods, i will admit i am a noob at running servers. I just recently got into it around 2 months ago, so i still have alot to learn. Especially cause i have only been playing CS for around 3-4 months. so if you could help me out that would be sweet.
We generally install the latest non beta version, the 1.1.0zh. The beta is newer, but the admin setup can be quite difficult for new server admins. Thats why we choose to do the non-beta version as well as we know there isn't any major issues with that version, as the latest beta could have a bug. You can read more about mani at their site here, http://www.mani-admin-plugin.com.
-Nick
SilentSound
New to forums
New to forums

Post by SilentSound »

Thank you for your quick replies again, and i will ( as posted before ) be posting more questions as they arise from me and my clan members.