Server rentals :: NFOservers.com

Forums

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:11 pm 
New to forums
New to forums

No this doesn't have to do with NFO at all, and I am VERY happy to FLAME ART OF WAR CENTRAL! they are approx. 10 bucks cheaper than NFO Pricing... My Clan is HiPwr, we had several server's through out the past 5 years through NFO... And then we switched to AOWC, what a mistake that was... my server has been down for 48 hours now!!! and been getting nothing but BS from them... not even a simple appology!!! we're due to renew our server next month, will we? can u say hell no!!! when our server is up you better believe we're comming back to NFO cause they ARE the BEST!! AOWC doesn't even have IRC support.. they have a toll free number... but do you think someone like me from canada has that ability? nope... at least with NFO I can talk live on IRC with them for support, I had several really good experiences with support from NFO like Nick, Booya, and oh god... i forgot another name... Booya helped me install and configure a website with me!!! late one night he was on there was no one asking for help at the moment so he spent several hours with me and configured my site with me cause I was a noob back then when it came to php n stuff this was before they had the option to automatically install any of this. Now that's dedication, and it's reasons like that that we're comming back to NFO.. I'm really sorry I left =( and I hope to be with you guys next month!!! really looking forward to it! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:15 pm 
New to forums
New to forums

oh... i would also like to add that they deleted forums, just because they didn't like the topics, there was a section for testimonials and stuff like that, and everytime someone had a bad service of some sort with them, they deleted the topics... how lame... see this?? you don't see NFO trying to be fake or hide anything that people have to say :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:59 am 
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

I was forced to go to another provider for a Ranked Server. In my stupidity, I chose these guys. Here's the content of a post I just made there in the testimonials section:

Quote:
ok, I finally have a server up. I'll be honest and say this is far from the best experience I have had.

On Friday night I paid for a BF2 server.

1. The website payment function didn't work and my paypal subscription was lost. Saturday evening on returning from work, I used live chat to ask what was going on and was told my payment had not been received. I was told to email billing (a Mon-Fri 8-5 type operation). Faced with not having a server for any part of the weekend, I created another subscription in order to get the ball rolling. This one worked.

2. The server didn't work from the getgo. I created several support tickets. (that system didn't work properly either, the second ticket created said I didn't create it and wouldn't let me access it after I had created it)

3. The server finally got up and running sunday morning.

4. Monday evening I received an email from Billing telling me my account here had been credited back the initial "lost" payment I had made.

I'm unused to this level of service. I do have 3 servers elsewhere and was surprised that my server was not up with an hour or 3. I was surprised to be told that on Friday evening, I would have to wait until Monday to sort out my billing problem. Noone offered any alternatives, I decided on my own to make 2 subscriptions so as to get things going and then when I did, I still didn't get the server for another day as there were problems getting the server setup.

I'm hoping that the service gets a bit better from here on in. I was a bit disappointed (but not really surprised) that my lost paypal payment was simply put back into my AOWC "account" as opposed to being refunded to me as now I am committed for 2 months.

Regards,

-e

NFO isn't on a different level from these guys, they're in a different dimension. I really can't believe how unprofessional they are. Deleting the posts in the testimonials section that depict them in a bad light is ridiculous. Oh well, I can always come to a board like this and get my point across. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:00 am 
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Quote:
I really can't believe how unprofessional they are.
They referring to Art of War Central. (Just in case anyone is unclear :D )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:22 am 
Former staff
Former staff

Heh, thats like when you return something at Big5 Sporting Goods, they just give you 'store credit'.. lame-o.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:27 am 
Founder
Founder

AoWC is a good example of why EA should screen partner providers on more than just their date of application.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:32 pm 
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Just switched from AoWC myself. This place rocks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:57 pm 
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

lol yes nfo is great isint this the flamming section dam lol even good reports in the flames wowzors i <3 nfo

sincerly, roy
roflchoptercopterwopterchopter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:36 pm 
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

i hate nfo

not. :wink: great servers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:13 am 
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

lol ^^^^ LLLL you had me goin, i was like WTF? we have 2 servers from them! lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:41 pm 
New to forums
New to forums

I had the exact same experience with AoWC deleting my topics as well. One time I left a negative post, simply pointing out AoWC's flaws and the next thing I know, the topic was deleted in as little as a day. Then one time a topic on their forums had up to 50 posts (3 pages) and it was rated the most active topic on their forum and eventually the topic degenerated into a few people (one being me) leaving a negative comment about AoWC (I wasn't even the topic creator) and guess what, AoWC ended up deleting the ENTIRE THREAD! I couldn't believe it - AoWC will delete popular threads, no matter what the topic name, so long as not a single person says anything bad about them anywhere in the post :x, simply ridiculous.

I'm glad NFO actually takes posts and comments (even the negative ones) seriously. Every good server company should realize a server's success rides on its customers and if your customers are unhappy then you won't get good service. This seems to be happening to a lot of AoWC customers and these same complaints will dangerously put AoWC on thin ice.