Quick question about what I can do as a server owner....

Obsquacious
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Quick question about what I can do as a server owner....

Post by Obsquacious »

"I was just wondering if it was possible for me to edit the weapons on my CS:S server. I've gotten the files required, converted them to .txt and then back to .ctx after I make the changes I'd like (giving the awp 3 damage, and raising the price). After doing this my server took a dump, and wouldn't allow anyone on. I've read into it a bit, and saw that I can disable consistency checking. If I get rid of the consistency checking, will the AWP perform as I re-built it? or does each user get the information about the guns from their own computer?
I hope this question makes sense to anyone who might be able to help me out.

Thanks,

Obsquacious"

Sorry, that's just a copy and paste from the official Steam forums. If you have any questions to make my question make more sense to you, lemme know!

Thanks,

Obsquacious.
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Re: Quick question about what I can do as a server owner....

Post by TimeX »

This would largely depend on what message people are seeing when they try to join. A consistency error itself is fairly easy to work around, but I am not sure about the modifications being server or clients side dependent (or perhaps both). My guess would be that it is strictly server side to reduce hacking attempts.
TimeX
dawnofviolence
A regular
A regular

Post by dawnofviolence »

if your trying to edit the awp to not work as functioned why not simply disable the ability to buy it?
DoVGaming.net CSS COMMUNITY POWERED BY NFOSERVERS.COM
Obsquacious
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Obsquacious »

TimeX wrote:This would largely depend on what message people are seeing when they try to join. A consistency error itself is fairly easy to work around, but I am not sure about the modifications being server or clients side dependent (or perhaps both). My guess would be that it is strictly server side to reduce hacking attempts.
Gotcha. Thanks for your input.. I'll let ya know when I get it all figured out!
dawnofviolence wrote:if your trying to edit the awp to not work as functioned why not simply disable the ability to buy it?
That'll be what happens if I'm unable to do what I'd like. The awp is noted as being prohibited in the MOTD, and since people don't ever read it, it'd be funny to punish them!

Thanks a lot guys.