Website and control panel redesign

News for the main page
Edge100x
Founder
Founder
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Website and control panel redesign

Post by Edge100x »

We've rolled out a fresh website design and control panel theme. We're also working on a new forums theme, but that's not quite ready yet.

If you prefer the old control panel theme, you can change back to it through the "My account" page in your control panel.

Please don't hesitate to inundate us with feedback. :)
kmal2t
A regular
A regular

Post by kmal2t »

First off, yay I'm mentioned on the main page :). But second I'm going to be quite honest with you and say I preferred the old layout. While this one obviously looks visually 100x better than the old one, this one makes it look exactly like the site of most of the other gsp sites. While you may or may not have done it from scratch, it definately looks like a modified version of one of those cookie-cutter templates. The old one may not have been fancy, but it stood out from the other sites just like NfO does, not to mention it was easier to navigate for info w/o having to look through the dynamic buttons and go all over. I would rather seen an upgraded version of the other one, but I'm sure you spent a lot of time on this one and it's here to stay. It looks nice.

The CP is still clean and easy to read/navigate and looks much better. For suggestions of CP I would suggest re-doing the format of the server usage section almost completely with easier to read graphs that look visualy better than green chunks and blue spikes on top of white.

But overall gj guys.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I preferred the old site at first as well, but I've found that this from-scratch new one has grown on me over time.

We've considered re-doing the graphs on the CP but unfortunately giving the graphs a different look that corresponds to the new theme would be a non-trivial change, and making them dynamic so that the old theme wouldn't look bad instead would be a non-trivial change as well, so we've decided to put that work off a bit, in favor of some more important tasks ;)
Riddle
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Riddle »

I've been around NuclearFallout for a long while now, and I must say I am pleased to see you guys are still keeping with it. Very cool website, you guys seem to have, as always, made it perfect before anyone saw it. However as said before it does seem to blend in with the crowd. The difference between you and other GSP's is that you lured your customers in with great servers and even greater support, then paid for a slick website. Unlike the other guys who try to buy customers with flash banners.

Pros: Welcome to 2007! Awesome graphical work, good layout.
Cons: Resembles other websites, maybe a little less easy to find were you need to go with the dynamic menus, over the old layout.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Nod, thanks for the input guys.
Riddle
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Riddle »

I forgot to add, what's up with the Leet Terrorist wearing the bluetooth earpiece? That was the only thing that struck me as odd.
BnD|Sleeper
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by BnD|Sleeper »

Riddle wrote:I forgot to add, what's up with the Leet Terrorist wearing the bluetooth earpiece? That was the only thing that struck me as odd.
Rofl at that. Did not see that until you mentioned it. That is very interesting - guess it's possible that terrorists use the same technology as the non-terrorist world. Now we just need a picture of Bin Laden with a bluetooth - that would be optimal jk ;-).

I don't like the new design on CP at all but the site looks nice although like everyone else said, it makes NFo look like a bs ripoff GSP like the rest.

Sleeper
http://www.BnDClan.com

WC3:FT CS 1.6: wc3.bndclan.com:27015 or 64.94.101.52:27015)

http://rentals.nuclearfallout.net/rent. ... ferrer=bnd
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

I loved the old theme, honestly I don't care about the looks, as long as the server run good, everything is good for me, NFo been top notch company and still going strong.
The control panel is neat.
The old website layout was cool, I liked it, people may not have, but it was different from fancy looking websites, old website was easy to navigate, the new website its little different.