1000 fps servers?

News for the main page
Edge100x
Founder
Founder
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

1000 fps servers?

Post by Edge100x »

We're considering whether we should add 1000 FPS servers to our lineup, and we're looking for your input.

Because of limitations in the Source and HL1 dedicated server programs and because of the way Windows works, we'd need to run 1000 FPS servers on Linux. Our previous testing showed that Linux offered lower performance than Windows (giving higher CPU usage for the same servers), so we're a little reluctant to try it, but we're willing to give it a shot if the demand is there. (Modern hardware should make higher CPU usage requirements less of an issue, allowing us to run servers at a fairly constant 1000 FPS.)

There would likely be a price premium, similar to the jump from "Accelerated" to "Hyperaccelerated" servers.

The question is: If we do it, would you buy one?
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

If you do i will cancel my 1000fps summit and get my private from you.
But it has to be a better price..if you know what i mean
I am already paying 99.95$ for my summit monthly and lawl its expensive..
So my answer is yes i will buy a NFo 1000fps server as long as it has constant fps + for a reasonable price.

Also the 1000fps source package should have this included:
12 slots Private server
Hyperaccelerated
Internap Connectivity
Low CPU usage
and maybe High CPU Priorty if you are planning to run any other servers on that box.
Squibb
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Squibb »

It would depend on the price. I've heard that the perceived player diff. is nominal when comparing it to a 250fps or 500fps server. I've played on several HiDef 1000fps servers, and I really couldn't detect a difference from the accelerated server I rent from you. So... I am left to ponder, is it just hype and bragging rights (which I've read is more often then not, the case), or does it really make enough of a difference to justify the additional funds? 8)
Squibb
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

That's a good question.

I suspect it's mainly bragging rights, with possibly a very tiny performance delta that is equivalent to 1 or 2ms lower ping.
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

Edge100x wrote:That's a good question.

I suspect it's mainly bragging rights, with possibly a very tiny performance delta that is equivalent to 1 or 2ms lower ping.
But again most people that went to summit would definetly come back to NFo for their private server if NFo decided to go with 1000fps.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I'm working on reconfiguring our systems to support Linux servers and expect to finish shortly. We will likely start by offering 1000 fps to our hyperaccelerated Premium Seattle customers, using that to determine feasability, and then branch out to other locations.
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

Alright, any idea what the cost for the 1000fps 12 slot hyperaccel servers will be?
I Hope its reasonable.
A 1000fps server in San Jose would be nice :).
cosmos
New to forums
New to forums

Post by cosmos »

I am interested in it as well, but my team is from Los Angeles area. I'm Cosmos from #docircle and I think you would a lot of attention from LA people.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

IcEWoLF, the difference would probably be similar to the bump from accelerated to hyperaccelerated, but I can't say for certain. I'll have to see some performance data first.

cosmos, LA would be a likely second location for us. Chicago would also be high on the list.
cosmos
New to forums
New to forums

Post by cosmos »

Edge100x wrote:IcEWoLF, the difference would probably be similar to the bump from accelerated to hyperaccelerated, but I can't say for certain. I'll have to see some performance data first.

cosmos, LA would be a likely second location for us. Chicago would also be high on the list.
:\

when you guys do la, let me know. ^^
Shoy
New to forums
New to forums

Aye

Post by Shoy »

I posted a question in the general forum about the 1000 FPS servers and I'd like to state that I think a 1000 FPS upgrade would be a great modification to add to the list. I was thinking of leaving NFo and joining up with Summit Servers beucase of their 1000 FPS option, but I don't want to leave NFo because of it's superior customer service and server quality and I'm afraid to leave and join up with another company do to the fact I don't know about their customer service and server quality But I know for sure that if you made this 1000 FPS modification an option I would for sure add it to my server, because me and my team went 6-2 last CAL season and are looking for the best possible server to play on with the smoothest gameplay, best registration, and best overall everything.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We're working out a couple of final kinks now. As soon as they're taken care of early this week, we should be starting the full rollout. (Right now, 1000fps servers are available through our Price/order page, but only for our Premium Seattle location and with a temporary pricing structure.)
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

Edge100x wrote:We're working out a couple of final kinks now. As soon as they're taken care of early this week, we should be starting the full rollout. (Right now, 1000fps servers are available through our Price/order page, but only for our Premium Seattle location and with a temporary pricing structure.)
Good to hear :)
kd0wswell
New to forums
New to forums

Post by kd0wswell »

when will 1000fps be available for DC servers?
eyehategod
New to forums
New to forums

Post by eyehategod »

kd0wswell wrote:when will 1000fps be available for DC servers?
/new york. :D