Alternate Seattle location

News for the main page
Edge100x
Founder
Founder
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Alternate Seattle location

Post by Edge100x »

In the week of September 10, we will be opening up an alternate location in Seattle to help serve our customers better there. This location will be located in the Westin building instead of Fisher Plaza, and will be powered by InterNAP as well. However, it will be differentiated from our existing location at Fisher by the fact that InterNAP buys from slightly different carriers in Westin (notably, it purchases from Level3 but not AT&T) and the fact that we have a router in Westin that we can use to influence traffic on the inbound path.

The new location will be called "Premium Seattle", because it will natively offer equal or better pings to the existing "InterNAP Seattle" location, with the possibility of even better latencies through our custom tweaking. Canadian customers, especially, should ping better to "Premium Seattle".

Already at the new location is our Seattle CSDM server at "seattle.nuclearfallout.net". This server will see a performance boost when we fully open the location, when it is switched to one of the faster machines that we will be putting in place.
Tristan
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Tristan »

right on! any idea of how much more expensive, if at all, the servers will be here? i run a canadian gaming community, and if the pings are going to be lower, i'm certainly going to swtich to the new location.
SilentDeath
New to forums
New to forums

Post by SilentDeath »

Yeah it would be nice to automatically switch over since most of the players on my server are Canadian , and definitely will not object to a better ping to my server (AWPTOMYSTIC 66.150.164.121:27015) :D .

C0ntr@ct |<i||e|2
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Initially we will be offering the location at the same price as InterNAP Seattle. However, since we will have limited space available at Premium Seattle, we may need to raise that price later on.

Note that because it is a separate location, servers at Premium Seattle will be on a different IP block than InterNAP Seattle, so moving a server to the new location will involve an IP change (though the server's DNS will remain the same).
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We silently opened the new location last night and we're already seeing a strong demand for servers there. We're doing our best to keep up with it and we'll be adding another machine (a dual Woodcrest) sometime this week to make sure that everything continues to run smoothly. I'm also doing my best to keep pricing at its current level.
Tristan
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Tristan »

Just to letcha know, i swtiched over to the new location as soon as nick let me know. so far, we haven't notcied anything better about it, other than increased latencies for people in vancouver, and ping spikes, more so than the regular seattle location. probably going to switch back if nothing improves. nice try tho :P
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We'd be happy to look at the traceroutes of anyone experiencing increased latencies. As I said earlier, we have more control over the routing from Premium Seattle, and we should be able to iron out any shortcomings pretty easily.
Tristan
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Tristan »

fyi, everything works excellent now. had to work with Nick a bit with routing, but its all good now. the server runs better, less ping spikes, than at the regular seattle location. plus, our pings are noticably lower. a member in regina, sask. now pings as low as 28...unbelievable.

gg nfo
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

thats a big difference, So afterall there is some Canadian love from NFo.